Counterfeit Products.What can we do?

Hi,

I just bought a guitar and the ukulele from a seller.The seller was based in NSW Australia.

Both are fakes.(The Guitar was ESP LTD and the ukulele was Ibanez)

The seller has a 30 day money back guarantee. I really can't be bothered to repack and re post them again.So I decided to keep them.Also my issue is not about money.

Its about the principle of the thing.

Also if I send them back he will dupe someone else.

But I was just wondering in a world where everything is faked is there any way to overcome this.

One of the securities we had was to buy from Australian sellers. Well that was what I was thinking up to now. 

This seller's advert has been directly cut and paste sections from the original sites. Sellers like this will give a bad name to Australian sellers.Not only that what about the honest and straightforward seller who are genuinely trying to do a good business?

This is a losing battle in our world. Only thing that matters is Money, Money and more Money.Isn't there anything that we can do?They get away with it so easily.

It makes me sad,very sad.He is still there selling stuff.When I read the reviews on his  bay site most of his clients seems to be very happy with there purchases.

I heard that this was common in sites like Alibaba & Ali express where they openly advertise and sell counterfeits of known brands.But now its here in Australia.

Is it only me that's sad about these things?Is there anyone else out there? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

I suppose it depends on whether or not it was Reverend Parsley, with the lead pipe, in the conservatory.

(Apologies for "cheans"! - I don't know why my left hand typed "ch" instead of "j".)

Message 41 of 45
Latest reply

In this circumstance, you are still required to make reasonable effort to return the goods under the rules of the ACCC. I understand this does not always seem fair. Even if a seller was to sell you something dodgy, they are not obliged to let you keep the item AND give you your money back. Some can, or do, but they are not required to by law.

There are many rules in a different scope about customs/export and counterfeit goods, but I can't say I know much about that. Customs is pretty harsh on that sort of thing at airports for example.

I have a point of contention with many fake or obviously scammy listings that even get promoted by Google Searches even before entering eBay's website. All you can do is your best to report them and avoid them, but as we know it's not always easy to avoid. Every scam item makes it that much harder for buyers and sellers who are just trying to do the right thing.

Message 42 of 45
Latest reply

LOL - both those instruments are now 10 years older.

Message 43 of 45
Latest reply

PLEASE do not drag up 10 y.o. threads to add nothing

Message 44 of 45
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 45 of 45
Latest reply