DAI post to Australia items are being repackaged into smaller parcels.

I have had 3 parcels come from the USA is the last few months via DAI post. 

I was surprised that the sellers had sent delicate pottery in a single small box after they said they would double box.

The first I let slide but the last 2 I contacted sellers who advised item had been double boxed. I sent a picture of packaging and they both stated that it was the inner box with a new label stuck to it.

On inspection the box had no marking or return address from the USA , it just had a sticker with Aus Post and return address as DAI Braeside Victoria. None of the sellers details were on it as they were on the outer box.

the worry is these delicate items require double boxing and DAI are saving money by down sizing the packaging . Contact DAI and you get no response. Not sure how to deal with this as ebay seller advertised US first class post. Think US post are using DAI as a cheaper option to send items to Australia as items show on US post tracking site.

items are eventually delivered by Australia Post 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Their reviews could be a lot better than they are.........

https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/dai-post

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I'd be tempted to raise this issue on the US boards.....

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Trouble with that is it will just make sellers reluctant to open up their sales to Australian bidders. Sellers dont get the option of using or not using DAI. It is US post that sub contracts out to whoever can ship a quantity of parcels to Australia cheapest. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Their reviews could be a lot better than they are.........

https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/dai-post

You have to remember Padi, Product Review is not like it used to be. In the early days, people would gladly leave a review when they tried a new product and loved it. These days, most people who leave reviews are unhappy customers who are out for blood. Therefore, the numbers can be quite skewed. 

I'll pluck an example out of thin air. A Dyson vacuum cleaner. 95,000 people bought one this year and 94,500 absolutely loved it. 10 people decided to leave a positive review. The 500 who didn't like it, left a bad one. It then makes it look like the item is really bad, when in actual fact, it's very good.

I still leave a positive review if I buy something new and like it. I don't think it makes a lot of difference. I have also left a few bad reviews when the item really sucked.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply