DVD's are ex-rental with stickers pulled off

Hello

I am looking for some feedback about some DVD's I purchased

Story is i bought 3 DVDs, but when they arrived, they have a rental sticker stain on it that I can read 'children' on all 3. The descripton says all DVDs were like new

I would never have bought them if I knew they were ex-rentals and I i told the seller that advertsing 'as new' when they pulled the ex-rental stickers off is a bit of deception action and as over 9000 feedbacks, they would know that ex-rentals means less are likely to bid on it.

The DVDS also look like they have had the scratches removed, but one still has a few on it

All the seller can say is I got them cheaper that what sellers sell them as new are charging and there is no difference between ex-renal and non ex-rental, but if he can say that, why pull the stickers off?

Should I open a dispute as Item Not As Described?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: DVD's are ex-rental with stickers pulled off

ex rental or not is irrelevent. Condition is, if they were in the condition as described their history is of no consequence.

Though having said that if they say as new, or near new, then they need to look as though they may never have been played.

Condition of cds/dvds is not determined how often or how many people play them, but how well they have been looked after. Many privately own discs have been covered in scratches after only a couple of uses.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: DVD's are ex-rental with stickers pulled off

To win a not as described dispute an item has to be significantly not as described and the fact they have a few scratches and are ex rental would probably not qualify and you would anyway have to pay the cost of return registered post to get a refund.

A DVD is either new or it is used, yours were advertised as used. I would be annoyed if the ex rental part had not been stated as most people don't want to watch the interminable adverts for other films etc that are on the DVDs and they often don't have all the extras that retail copies have, I would probably leave a neut too, if they all played OK, with a comment as I suggested earlier.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply