DVD's are ex-rental with stickers pulled off

Hello

I am looking for some feedback about some DVD's I purchased

Story is i bought 3 DVDs, but when they arrived, they have a rental sticker stain on it that I can read 'children' on all 3. The descripton says all DVDs were like new

I would never have bought them if I knew they were ex-rentals and I i told the seller that advertsing 'as new' when they pulled the ex-rental stickers off is a bit of deception action and as over 9000 feedbacks, they would know that ex-rentals means less are likely to bid on it.

The DVDS also look like they have had the scratches removed, but one still has a few on it

All the seller can say is I got them cheaper that what sellers sell them as new are charging and there is no difference between ex-renal and non ex-rental, but if he can say that, why pull the stickers off?

Should I open a dispute as Item Not As Described?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Well, you bought DVD's that were "as new" and that's what you got.. Most ex rentals of new release movies haven't been watched many times and are still "as new"

Sorry, but I don't think you have the right to open a NAD as you knew they were used when you bought them

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I just think it is wrong for a seller to pull the stickers off to hide the fact it is an ex-rental because they know less people would bid on it

I only bidded on it because they werent advertised as ex-rentals and the seller was deceptive to hide it. i wouldnt have bought them if they were

Yes i am aware they werent new, but hiding the fact they are ex-rentals is deception

If the seller reckons it doesnt matter if they were ex-rentals or not, then the stickers would be left on it, but being a high feedback seller and ripping the stickers off, I believe the seller knew what he was doing deliberately

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

there is no difference between ex-renal

Oh my 😮

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Feedback is entirely up to you, I don't know if you want to leave a particular colour but I would be very clear with the comment. Something simple like: Did not disclose they were ex rental, no name calling or nastiness which just dilutes the impact.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I would say the reason the stickers were removed would be due to some sort of infrigement issue perhaps? (not the right word, but i cant think of the one im looking for)

I watch movies over and over and over and OVER again. If i was to then onsell to you , it wouldnt be any less quality, or any more quality as an ex rental. 

personally, I dont think you would win if you opened an *not as described case*

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

IMO:

It would depend on what price you actually paid for the DVD's

When selling something, there is a difference between lying and exaggerating the truth. As new means second hand... another way to say it is, like new, in new condition, as good as new and so on.

Truth is you did bid and buy a second-hand item.

Unless you send an email asking the history of the DVS's or if they were ex-rentals then I cannot see how you have not bought what you wanted.

Some sellers offer no question asked refunds but you will have to pay postage, so again it comes to how much you paid and whether or not it worth you effort, as you will prolly not get a refund from eBay or pp.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I tend to agree, there are very clever deceptive sellers out there.

I would ask the seller what they are prepared to do as you are not happy. 

My actions would then depend on their response.

If you haven't, leave factual feedback on sellers performance.

image host
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I don't think being ex-rental comes into it.  If they are described as "as new", then there should be no signs of scratches or machining to remove scratches.  "Like New" means that there are no marks whatsoever.  On the other hand, if they are "like new" and play perfectly but ex-rental, what does it matter? 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Postage was free

I am waiting to hear back from the seller after I replied to their message so will sit on it and decide after what they say next

At the moment, I am leaning towards just leaving a neutral,at least the DVDs werent saturated in scratches

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply