Damaged item.

I have just recieved a damaged item. (large wall clock).  Total cost- $60 : ($30 for the clock + $30 postage)
The seller is stating that she is only willing to reimburse me for the price of the clock, not the postage, as she claims she would be out of pocket, even though I paid for it. The actual cost of postage was $18 but she say's the packaging cost her an additional $11. I highly doubt that as most of it seemed used but regardless, I paid for postage not her. She says that she is within her rights to do this according to Ebay rules but I can't find anything about it on the site.

My inital message to her was to let her know about the damage and provide photo's. I said that either I could send the item back for a full refund or she could refund me $40 and keep the other $20 so she doesn't completely lose out. I thought that was fair, she doesn't.

I paid by Paypal but have read quite a few posts saying that they don't cover damaged items so it's pointless trying to make a claim through them. Not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Damaged item.

Thank you for your reply Phorum_ Junkie*.  I did let the seller know that that could be done but she ignored it and told me to go ahead with a dispute. She was also the one who escalated it to a claim as I refused her offer of a $30 refund as believe that it will cost more than that to have the item fixed. Unfortunatley in my inital message to her through the resolution centre I didn't mention the lack of proper packaging as I didn't know that it would be my only chance to make communication. I just said that as I had informed her, the item was extensively damaged and therefore I  like a full refund.
I hope they give me a chance to show them photo's of the packaging as I still have it, so it was silly of her to make the claim that it was double boxed.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply