Deceptive titling

Just decided to buy some dishwasher tablets for my daughter in Tas, postage listed as $10.00, but when I opened the full listing the postage was listed as $25.00. How can they get away with this?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Deceptive titling

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Where is the item located?

If it is from overseas the seller may be using the Global Shipping Program which is very expensive.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Sydney   - 290981233108

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

OK, so the seller is in Sydney and so am I.....the postage shows as $12 to my address.

Did you check the Postage page and enter the postcode that the item is to go to?  It could well be different to the amount that comes up on the initial listing page which would be to your address.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

My listings carry an Australia wide postage - some I may lose on, others will be less, but each month it balances out to within a few dollars either way.

Definitely a No Sale on this one

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, it does show as $10 post in the listing, I don't know why that is.

• AU $50.00
  • Buy it Now
  • +AU $10.00 postage

When I open the listing it shows $12.50 post as I am in NSW.

I would be wary of buying Finish dishtabs that cheap. Where are they made?. I bought some (low price but not that cheap from a discount store. A small box of Finish, Made in Germany) the first lot were OK, the second lot, they had started to partially dissolve

( inside their individual plastic wrappers) and the box was past its use by date. I got a refund.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

you might want to check the real packaging for the one in the listing.

btw postage to me in nsw is $12

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

The seller is using calculated postage so the postage costs vary depending on where the parcel is being sent to.

The seller is not being deceptive at all - it is ebay who control how listings appear in search results and it is ebay who put the default amount of $10.00 for postage as what is showing in the search results.

The seller has the listing set up correctly for calculated postage rates.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

you might want to check the real packaging for the one in the listing.

btw postage to me in nsw is $12

If you click on the sellers 'see other items' and view it from the gallery page it says + $10 postage.

I'd say the gallery page instead of showing the calculated postage to the viewers location is merely showing the minimum postage, ie to Sydney metro, but also without including a $2 handling fee the seller has presumably applied to their calculated postage.

This is probably a glitch on eBays part. I don't know of any way the seller could manipulate the calculated postage so it only shows as $10 from the gallery page (that doesn't mean they can't, I just don't know how they might based on my limited experience selling). 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Interesting, the same seller also has a 228 tablet mega pack listed, with a genuine $10 flat rate Australia wide. 301115219068

Is it at all possible when listing for the seller to inadvertently have both a flat rate selected and also calculated postage too? (ie from listing via 'a similar item', but without deleting the default flat rate they then select calculated postage) I didn't think that could happen, but...

OP it may be worth contacting the seller to check if the 4 x 90 listing is supposed to be a flat rate of $10 Australia wide.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply