Defective item and unresponsive seller

z_i_r_o
Community Member

I bought a brand new mobile phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note S9) about 3 months ago. The phone worked really well, but suddenly it broke (stop charging, can't switch on anymore).

The mobile phone itself looks still brand new, not a single scratch, I had barely used it and sure enough, I haven't dropped or anything. In my opinion, it is clear that the warranty should cover, but the seller stops replying and also took all his items from eBay (it seems he is not selling anymore... even being a pro seller since 2016).

How can I get support here? this frankly looks like a scam: selling low-quality technology and then disappearing when things get ugly. I wouldn't complain if buying from a random guy, but this seller has 4 years on eBay and 98,7% votes... what am I missing?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Hi, sorry to hear of the situation. Sounds like a real issue. Are you able to give the item number please?

I'd just llike to see if it's still viewable.

Did you pay via PayPal?

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Hi, sorry to hear of the situation. Sounds like a real issue. Are you able to give the item number please?

Did you pay via PayPal?

OP is in Spain.

I'll lay London to brick on that the phone came from an Asian based seller with poor feedback(now NARU) & that the OP will not be back.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Did you pay via PayPal?

Re: Defective item and unresponsive seller

in reply to 4channel

39 minutes ago

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

OP is in Spain.

I'll lay London to brick on that the phone came from an Asian based seller with poor feedback(now NARU) & that the OP will not be back.

We'll see.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

Did you pay via PayPal?

OP is in Spain.

Singapore

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Oh, sorry for the delay and thanks for the reply, I thought I would get notified if anyone answers, but I didn't!

Not sure where to check the item number, the order number is 14-04959-80292; and I think the item number is 303534489363?

I pay by cc.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Try a chargeback through your bank.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Re: Defective item and unresponsive seller

in reply to 4channel

28 minutes ago

@z_i_r_o wrote:

Oh, sorry for the delay and thanks for the reply, I thought I would get notified if anyone answers, but I didn't!

Not sure where to check the item number, the order number is 14-04959-80292; and I think the item number is 303534489363?

I pay by cc.

Hi, that's OK. Right I found it.

The product is international and genuine model and comes with original retail box.

The item comes with original packaging. For every stock arrive our warehouse, we have to open and check to make sure the product and the accessories are inside. So it's not unopened but we seal it in the original box.

We provide one year seller warranty for products ( Headsets, Earphones and Earbuds for 3 months). We keep the records in our system, so please just send us the basic information (item name, order ID, Buyer ID) and the problem of the products, we will take care the repair for you.

Please note that we don't ship paper document with the item. Please kindly contact us if you need an electronic invoice.

I see that they say they provide a warranty. So you're in Spain right? The seller is in Singapore and the item gets sent from Melbourne Australia.

I see below the Australia post part is in jpg form.

OK, so you're not covered by PayPal. I'd still contact eBay and tell them that they are not replying. I see they've had 139 positives 6 months ago and only 2 negatives. But there hasn't been any activity for quite some time. Is there any buying protection on your card?

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks!

I'm not in Spain but Australia, I create my eBay account years ago, when living there in Spain, moved here 5 years ago.

I'm checking my cc protection, but they don't seem to have anything for warranties (only phishing and those things).

How can I contact eBay? the reason why I posted here in the first place is that I couldn't find a way to contact eBay: you keep going around from one link to another, not really hitting any form or anything other than "figure it out with the seller"...

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Click on help at top or bottom of any eBay page. Scroll right down to the bottom to chat with us. At the moment, the live chat is the only option.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply