Deleting

Why does eBay keep deleting items from overseas they take so long to get here

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Deleting

eBay don't delete items, unless there is rule breaking activity and in that case you will receive notification if you have purchased.

Go to purchase history then change the option at the top from 60 days to 2022.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

How do you mean?

Are you saying you have changed the drop down menu under your purchase history to cover the time period in which you bought the item and it is not there?

Or something else?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

what he means is that there is now an option to choose which year of purchase activity you wish to display., 
I too find it appalling that they do this, as more often than not, we're still waiting on goods to be delivered but the listing in our "purchase history" has been hidden as time has come to pass..
The OTHER issue with this, is the fact that most of the time, you will find that you cannot follow up with appropriate feedback for the goods youve been waiting for.
If the goods arrive over 4 weeks after purchase, not only can you not leave feedback, but you also cant go in to change any previous feedback you may have left. This is important during warranty issues or delivery disputes.

I wrote a long post about what eBay needs to do.
Sadly, eBay like the idea of operating in Australia, but the protections to Aussie buyers are few and far between. The sellers literally get away with breaches of the numerous state's sales practices acts when they dont fulfil the legal requirements of consumer protections within warranty statutes.

I could go on but I wont... needless to say, there are MANY things that need to be adressed...

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Buyers are given all the tools in the world

But many do not use them within the time limit and then complain 

The purchase history is not hidden

There are time limits to open disputes

Feedback is for the seller, not the postal system

There are no warranties when buyer from a seller overseas or an seller not authorised to sell the item

What was eBay’s response when you contacted them and told them what they need to do?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

To add

Almost all your feedback is from sellers in China with questionable feedback

100% no warranty 

No surprise there are delivery delays

I would suggestion opening item not received disputes when the items do not turn up within the time limit after the last estimated delivery date, but that is just me

Or using PayPal to pay so you have 180 days to open a dispute, but that is just me

Or not supporting dodgy sellers over and over, also just me

Or contacting eBay to find out why you cannot change the year in your purchase history drop down menu 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@padreousmaximus wrote:

I could go on but I wont... needless to say, there are MANY things that need to be adressed...

Foremost among those "things" would be your lack of knowledge & your poor choices when it comes to sellers.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply