Deliveries from China

rulmik0
Community Member

I ordered and paid for two electronic items earlier in the year from sellers in China.  Typically, it can take up to six weeks for items to be delivered to Australia and, by the time that I realised that they were not going to be delivered, the money back guarantee period had expired. I raised two complaints - one seller did not respond at all and the other wanted me to pay an additional amount for him to send the goods.  Again, by the time that it became apparent that nothing was going to happen, eBay had closed the complaints.  I have lost $30 and I seem to have no recourse.

I realise that I should have been a lot more vigilant in these cases but surely eBay should give customers some warning when they are about to take some action which will severely disadvantage the buyer.  I can't even access the feedback provisions for these items and so warn other buyers that these sellers should be watched closely.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Deliveries from China

Thanks enigmaBear. I had completely forgotten the PayPal claims process. I have now submitted a couple of claims and, even if they don't get anywhere, I feel much better at having done SOMETHING! I appreciate your reply.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Deliveries from China

There are literally dozens of existing threads on Chinese sellers. The problems are well-known.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Deliveries from China

If it was earlier this year and you paid by Paypal, you have 6 months to open a case there

Could be you had a lucky escape as buying such items from sellers in China on ebay is not a good idea as they are likely to be at best fakes and at worst dangerous 

Do the sellers already have a large amoung of red dots from people saying the same thing?

There are literally hundreds of threads on here from people saying they have had purchases from sellers registered in China never show up, and those sellers,almost with out fail have hundreds of negs saying as much. People still want to buy from them though 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Deliveries from China

when i buy from chinese sellers, which i do a lot, you get a delivery date. if my item doesnt arrive by that date i imediatly contact the seller asking for a refund.

so i have a record of a request.

usually within a few days they refund without complaint these days.

they know they cant win an argument.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Deliveries from China

Thanks Whiz ... as I am finding out!
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Deliveries from China

Thanks enigmaBear. I had completely forgotten the PayPal claims process. I have now submitted a couple of claims and, even if they don't get anywhere, I feel much better at having done SOMETHING! I appreciate your reply.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Deliveries from China

Excellent suggestion David, thanks a lot. This will now become a hardwired process now whenever I buy anything off eBay again.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Deliveries from China

lr-t-14
Community Member

I once lost about AU$1200 on a set of performance car wheels from the UK.

Even though i could prove it via emails, bank transactions and admission by the seller in writing eBay did nothing.

They are not interested in little people like you and me, only the mighty dollar, can you imagine if eBay had a decent customer service dept, they would employ hundreds to thousands of people, costing a pretty penny, not going to happen. 

It's the world we live in skewed to encourage and reward poor behaviour, a race to the bottom, with each individual choosing their level of deceit with the middle-class public mask of decency.  They don’t teach you that at school.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Deliveries from China

How did you loose it and what has this got to do with the topic?

What kind of dispute did you open?

eBay is ALL about the buyer

you do not need to 'prove it' with bank statements and admission by the seller in writing

nothing to do with it at all

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply