Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Is it worth reporting potential fraudulent sellers?

Over the years I’ve noticed a small number of sellers of mainly computers and consumer electronics, that consistently list many of their items at 10 times the normal price. Indeed, so consistently it surely can’t be a data entry error. Typically they...

Resolved! iMac m1. Only 2 type c ports

Why has Apple only provided 2 type c ports with the iMac m1is it so we pay a monthly fee to access their icloudwhy is there in this age of progress no face identification not only on this computer but as I understand on any of there currently made co...

Taking eBay seller to ACCC

Hi,I am after some advice on how to proceed against a seller on eBay. The amount for claim is small, but I am trying to get the product removed from the market for safety reasons. ACCC requires the ABN/ACN which eBay refuses to provide for "privacy" ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 62 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Is it a scam

Hi I received this from a lady in looking at buying a car from and wanting to know if it is legit or a scam... the car is excellently priced.Hello again , as I've told you in my first e-mail, I'm in the Air Force with my medical team and right now I ...

• 17 replies
  • 4 Helpful

Resolved! Cross About UNPAID ITEM Case

I’m a bit **bleep** off about an unpaid item case. The item has now been cancelled, but it left a bad taste on my mouse! I made an offer on THREE of the items if it included FREE POSTAGE as did the same item on the sellers store. Instead of declining...

INCORRECT PHOTOS IN LISTINGS - WOULDNT IT BE NICE ...?

hi ,I dont think i am alone in saying we all consider our time precious. personally i blame the "jetsons" for giving me false hopes of a future with foldable cars & 3 day working weeks !! having said that i am so annoyed with sellers wasting my time ...

• 8 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Resolved! why am I seeing this...it said 'The seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you.'

I went to purchase and it said 'The seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you.' I have never seen this before - what does it mean? I am not making any offer but paying full price. I am stumped by this one! Let me know if you know the answer plea...

Resolved! Seller being very inflexible, refusing to send item at my expense.

Bought an item pick up only which I did not realise. Accepting my mistake and contacted seller to give me his address for me to send him a prepaid satchel. He just refused to send it to me and says pick up only. Item is 1500kms from my place.

• 56 replies
  • 0 Helpful

"GET WHAT YOU ORDER OR MONEY BACK",

This promise is NOT worth having. The last 2 purchases I made I didn't receive what I ordered. Have had offers of partial refund - not good enough. What I received I don't want. I want what I DIDNT receive. I suspect the items on sale were not availa...

• 6 replies
  • 1 Helpful

When is eBay going to crack down on multi-item pricing fraud?

Sellers are clearly abusing the 'multiple items in one ad' function to manipulate their position in price-sorted view. i.e. They are listing a $10 item. But they also list a $1 item in the same ad. Now the ad shows us with a PICTURE of the $10 item, ...

• 21 replies
  • 7 Helpful

Postal cost under the GSP

I have bought 100's of vintage enamel Automobilia signs most of which come from the U.S via the Global Shipping program ie GSP. A typical size would be 15 X 30 inches (weight 1 to 2 kg max.) where postal cost to Australia is typically in the range of...

• 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful