eBay wants me to leave feedback for an item I haven't yet received.

I purchased an item on 21 September. Seller is based in China. I have bought items from China before and they have arrived within two weeks. The tracking says the item has not moved since being sent to the airline.  I have been in touch with the seller who contacted the airline who said it is on the way but it isn't moving. Now eBay is asking me to leave feedback for an item I have not received. The item is detailed as arriving by 16 November. I doubt is will arrive at all considering it hasn't moved. What can I do?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are under no obligation to leave feedback just  because Ebay send you a prompt.

Something does seem a bit weird in regards to the tracking considering you purchased in September. What I would do is wait until one day after the 16th of November and then open a case for Item Not Received.

The onus will then be on the seller to make things right.

I would cease communication with the seller - keep things black and white and protect yourself by opening the appropriate dispute within the time frame. Do not cancel the case even if the seller promises to send another one. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

How do I lodge a dispute when the time comes. I can't find it on the website.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

In your purchase history on the right hand side of the item is a drop down menu.

Click on More actions > I  didn't receive it

Do not under any circumstances close the case until you have received a full refund.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Economy from China can take up to 2 months, so your item could still arrive. All items I have bought from China arrive quickly in Australia, but local couriers treat them as economy in the real sense of the word. They probably have all these economy items in a container and just scan them all every 2-4 weeks. I bought from two different sellers in China at a distance of 2 weeks and both items arrived on the same day, even if they had not arrived in Australia on the same day (they had arrived two weeks apart). I just think that AusPost had them both in a container (together with other economy items from China) and scanned them together.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply