Didn't receive item but now Can't leave feedback

An item I bought was sent standard shipping from canada to Australia, when it took more then 4 weeks I opened a dispute, I closed the dispute when the seller promised it would arrive after 8 weeks.. Thinking I could leave negative feedback if it didn't turn up.. It's been Well over 8 weeks.. It's been nearly 10. What can I do? I have asked her for a refund but what happens if she doesn't give me one? I have never had an issue like this before.
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Didn't receive item but now Can't leave feedback

It sounds like they may have sent it surface (sea) mail, which I'm told can take up to 3 months, so it may yet arrive.

If it doesn't, then you'll be relying completely on the seller to provide a refund, as not only is there a maximum of 45 days from payment to raise a dispute, but once it's been closed, it can't be re-opened.

The only other possibility if the item doesn't arrive and the seller won't refund is if you funded the payment with a credit card, in which case your card provider may allow a chargeback on the transaction.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Ok thanks, so I should give this person another month? What annoys me is I didn't know standard meant sea mail, it was $30 shipping as well.. I would not have bid on it if I knew it would have taken this long
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Never ever close a dispute till you have either the item or a refund.

Call paypal and depending on who you talk to some times they will reopen a dispute when you tell them what the seller said.

Recently a buyer was tricked into closing the dispute by the seller saying it would be ok once it was closed and they reopened it so there is no harm in trying.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Bootie, if you funded the payment from your CC call them now and find out their time limit on charge back.  Some CCs have 6 months, but some are lot less, so do not leave it a day longer, or you may lose that avenue as well.

Should the item arrive at later date, you can repay the seller through PP.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Sounds like a good idea thanks
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply