Displaying seller's name after purchase

I have just purchased a couple of items and notice that the seller's name is no longer displayed in either the emails or the order. There is only an email address. I used to be able to at least see the name of the person from whom I purchased the item. It can get very confusing if you buy a number of items at around the same time.  Is there anywhere I can see this (BTW, I usually pay before I get an invoice, so not sure if the name is on that, but I suspect not.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Displaying seller's name after purchase

You could just check your "Purchase History" which will display the sellers name etc .

I rarely even look at the emails .

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I can see the seller's eBay name using that method, but I meant their real (or registered ) name. It used to display, along with their address, but I have not seen the address of late. I just want to know the name of the person I am dealing with.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

why do you need the sellers name, as long as they post the item and you are happy with it

i always include my details on the back of the parcel other wise they wouldnt know

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I agree you shouldn't need the sellers real name unless there are more complicated dealings than the everyday transactions most of us do. An opt-in system would be best.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply