Dispute Closed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just been informed by ebay that my recently opened dispute has been closed because of lack of activity.

My issue was goods not arriving & the seller not giving with any solution.

The "Lack of Activity" is because the seller will not answer my many messages & ebay failed to step in & fix the problem.

I have made over 1000 purchases & sales with ebay & never had a negative feedback & was expecting better help from ebay than just being cast aside.

Needless to say I am very disappointed with ebays so called help, has anybody else had a similar problem?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Dispute Closed

Why did you keep contacting the seller after you had opened the dispute?  That is why you opened the dispute.  Did you ask Ebay to step in within the correct time frame?  You have to keep an eye on dates and respond accordingly.  As a buyer you have everything at your disposal if you use it .  As for feedback - buyers can only ever have +tive.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Dispute Closed

I have never made an ebay claim, though I have made one on paypal and I think the issue is you have to escalate your claim. So you make your claim and if the seller does not respond or if the issue isn't solved within the week, you have to go back and click a few boxes to say you want to finalise your claim.

If you don't do that, it just times out. You don't need to contact teh seller at all in the process, it is their job to respond to the claim within the dispute section. If they don't, they automatically lose when you escalate.

That was my experience in any case.

If you paid via paypal, maybe try there if ebay has failed.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Dispute Closed

You have to ASK eBay to step in. They don't step in automatically. They first give the seller a few days to respond, and if you are not happy with the seller's response or the seller does not respond, you have I think 4 weeks to ask eBay to step in. If you don't ask them, they assume you have solved your problem.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Dispute Closed

It was your responsibility alone to ask eBay to step in and help

Because you failed to follow the correct process and do so, the dispute was closed as you lack of 'escalating' is seen by eBay as you were happy

Sorry you expected special treatment, but it's not how it works 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Dispute Closed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did ask ebay to step in but nothing eventuated & now it has timed out, very dissapointing experience, thank-you for your input.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Dispute Closed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't expecting special treatment at all, just a fair deal & YES I DID ask ebay to step in but nothing eventuated & now it has timed out, very dissapointing experience, thank-you for your input.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Dispute Closed

You could try going through the link below, then scroll to the bottom to contact eBay CS. If you strike a good CS rep they may reopen the dispute for you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Dispute Closed

If you are using the eBay appโ€ฆโ€ฆ 

follow my pictures ๐Ÿ˜Š

Go to MY EBAY tab. 
open the HELP tab.  

BFA27525-2DA3-40E6-88C1-1E949EAA87FE.jpeg

Scroll to the bottom of the page and select RETURNS AND REFUNDS.

E13C1363-C8D4-4468-95D1-14C69AC32463.jpeg

Scroll down and across to ASK EBAY TO STEP IN AND HELP.

You will find all the info you need here to follow, plus links to appeal decisions. 

C3C544FB-D020-47D4-885F-9F3A4D703301.jpeg

GOOD LUCK. ๐Ÿ’‹

P/Sโ€ฆ.  You can ask eBay to step in after 3 days. Their decision may take up to 21 days. 

If itโ€™s been more than 30 days, you may need to open a PayPal dispute now.  You have 180 days to put in a claim via PayPal. (Providing you used PayPal as the funding source) 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Dispute Closed

I just want to add an issues that happened while I was trying to get this info for youโ€ฆ.

I opened my eBay app to the help page and EVERYTHING was displayed in Chinese! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I thought to myself. โ€ฆ.

What theโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. (?) 

closed, reopened, back to normal!  

itโ€™s just adds to a line of weird stuff happening here on my devices atmโ€ฆ..   (@padi, @S&D) ๐Ÿ˜‰

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply