Does anyone know

lis351
Community Member
Roughly how long it takes to get an item from QLD to WA these days?
I'm looking for a couple things, I've seen some perfect items, but they're in Brissy and I'm in Perth. I used to allow around 10 working days, is this still the case?

TIA
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Does anyone know

cq_tech
Community Member
Lis, if you use express post, AP guarantee next-day delivery between Brisbane and Perth provided that you reside within the listed postcodes, but for normal parcel post, AP state on their website that it will take between 5-6 working days, although many people have stated that it has taken more like 8-10 working days.

I'd say that you'd be pretty safe to assume a waiting period of no more than 10 working days, and if it took any longer than that, I'd start to get worried. For smaller packages, under 500g, it's probably worth paying the extra and having it sent by express post, and as long as it's posted before 4pm locally, you should receive it the following day, but you'd best check the specified postcodes serviced first, at http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Does anyone know

I would like a dollar for everytime an item is sent express post and taken longer than the so called next day delivery.  Postage varies so much. I have had cases of NSW to WA or Tas only taking a few days however NSW to QLD taking far longer. 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Does anyone know

I suppose you realise that if you send an express post item and it doesn't arrive the following working day, provided that both the sender and recipient reside within the specified express post network as published on AP's website, the sender will be refunded the entire cost of postage applicable?

I'm not suggesting that express post is 100% foolproof but I use that service at least 100 times a year and I can count on the fingers on one hand the number of times my package hasn't been delivered by 5pm the following working day and on each of those occasions I've received a full refund of the amount of postage paid.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Does anyone know

That sure beats a dollar. Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Does anyone know

Cool, thanks for your help, Ill give it a go, even with express post its still cheaper than buying it in the shop.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Does anyone know

Will arrive the next day, guaranteed by Oz Post - IF IF IF you live in an Express Post designated area

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Does anyone know

Lis, I suspect your potcode may not be within that specified list. Even so, it shouldn't take more than a couple of days.

I always allow up to 14 days for deliveries from the Eastern States - thoutgh 10 is par for the course.

I bought  a sweater from US on 7th May; tracking says it arrived in OZ (Sydney or Melbourne I presume) on 12th and I am still waiting for the AP camels to make the trek accross the Nullabor with it..

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Does anyone know

Just as a matter of interest, I bought a blu-ray DVD from a seller in Morley, WA 6062 last Sunday the 18th, which was sent in a #1 padded bag with 2 x 70c stamps affixed, and it arrived at my address in Brisbane 4132 at around midday on Tuesday, the 20th, less than 48 hours later! Even if it had been sent by express post, it couldn't have possibly arrived any sooner.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Does anyone know

yes that is good service

thing is, ''letters'' (as yours was) go by airmail from WA to other parts of Aust

''parcels'' everything else... goes by truck..... a l-o-n-g journey across the whole continent.

(express post of course goes air, but you must have both Sender and Receiver within the limited service areas)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply