EBAY FRAUD

Hi, I received the following email from eBay:

> We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorised third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

- If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by eBay. Open a request with the Resolution Centre and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Centre by visiting:
   http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/ 

- If the transaction doesn't qualify for eBay’s protection, please immediately contact the payment service used to request a refund.

- If you haven't paid for your item, consider this transaction cancelled and do not send payment.

In this situation, your account wasn't accessed by the third party involved. At eBay, we take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. Learn more about protecting your account at:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/protecting.html

How did they access my eBay account and make the purchase?

How did they access my PayPal acount and complete payment?

This email is vague and uninformative. I need toknow how this happend, and when I will receive my money back.

Please assist me in this urgent matter.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

EBAY FRAUD

Just members here like yourself, not ebay staff

Was this also in your actual ebay messages or only in your email?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

EBAY FRAUD

Do not click on any links in the email

If this is also in your actual ebay messages, you are possibly best using the 'call me' option in the help and contact tab at the bottom of any page, request the call back and ask for a supervisor

If this is real, ebay and paypal like any and all on-line sites can be and are hacked

You will also need to contact paypal (assuming money really has been removed from your account)

We have no way of knowing how it happened (if the email is real) and I do not know how long money takes to be returned in such cases

I would also suggest changing your passwords and running a full virus scan

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

EBAY FRAUD

Resolution centre UK?

These are the Australian boards.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

EBAY FRAUD

OP is registered in Oz 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

EBAY FRAUD

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Nobody has accessed your ebay or paypal accounts. 

That message says that the SELLER'S account may have been hacked.

If you have paid for the item and it does not arrive you need to open a dispute for Item Not Received to get your refund.   It is not automatic.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

EBAY FRAUD

*Bear needs Spec Savers Woman Embarassed

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

EBAY FRAUD

How did they access my eBay account and make the purchase?

How did they access my PayPal acount and complete payment?

This email is vague and uninformative. I need toknow how this happend, and when I will receive my money back.

Please assist me in this urgent matter.

As already said, they did not access your eBay or PayPal account. You made the purchase, but the item had not been listed by the real seller because the seller's account had been hacked, listing items that of course would never be sent.

That's why you should try what they advised you to do. I guess you paid with PayPal if you mention it, so it should not be a problem if you show them eBay's email, or you can also go to eBay's own RC.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

EBAY FRAUD

Of course they have accessed my account, otherwise how did I purchase and pay for the item?

I made this clear in my initial post.

I dont understand how this is so hard for some of you to understand. I didn't make this purchase, I have zero interest in the toy model that was sold, I didn't even log into eBay the day it was bought.

This means someone accessed my account, and then used this access to buy this toy van. I can see the purcase in PayPal, and I am out of pocket $100.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

EBAY FRAUD

Of course they have accessed my account, otherwise how did I purchase and pay for the item?

I made this clear in my initial post.

I dont understand how this is so hard for some of you to understand. I didn't make this purchase, I have zero interest in the toy model that was sold, I didn't even log into eBay the day it was bought.

This means someone accessed my account, and then used this access to buy this toy van. I can see the purcase in PayPal, and I am out of pocket $100.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply