Ear-Ring Joke or Not

G'Day People, On the 2nd December I paid for a set of oval Garnet ear- rings as a present cost $139.00 plus postage.

I messaged the seller and asked if they were posted as Ebay showed they were not posted and there was no tracking number.

I was told they they were posted the Saturday before Christmas and I should receive them Monday or Tuesday '

They arrived today 30/12/13.

I was annoyed and left negative feedback.

When the package was opened we found rectangular not oval ear rings were sent, the oval was listed in the Ebay listing.

Checking through the seller's feedback showed a smaller rectangular set sold previously listed at $79.00 that are a direct copy of what I received instead of the larger oval type for $139.00.

I feel very disgusted at the way this sale has gone and I am not happy about the deception.

It seems they never had what they listed and sent a substitute instead.

Is this acceptable.

Thanks for your advise Gazza

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Ear-Ring Joke or Not

Hi , Thanks for that.

Paypal did not give me a postal address.See cut and Paste below,-----------------------------

-----
Deadline: 20/01/2014
-----------------------------------

On 20/01/2014, this dispute will automatically close unless you escalate it
to a PayPal claim. By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to
review the case and decide the outcome.

We will remind you by email when the deadline is approaching. A closed
dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.

Thank you,

Paypal

The seller advised they are moving to the USA and gave me a PO box in Glenmore to post the items to.
Am I able to register for a signature when posted to a Post Office Box?

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Hi, Thanks for suggesting I was unorganised as you put it.

I was in hospital very sick. Look at my feedback, bulky car parts arrived in quick time from Brisbane , Sydney and Melbourne.

A camera bought after the earrings from the USA arrived before Christmas and that had to go through USA and Australian Customs.

Three weeks is more than adequate from Sydney it usually takes 5 to 6 days and I was told it was sent Express.

I certainly will not be buying anything from you when you use that as logic.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

I suggest you ring Paypal now and ask for advice from a supervisor - this seems to be all a bit out of the ordinary. The address you are supposed to use is ONLY the original on the Paypal payment slip/receipt (should be able to see it on your Paypal transaction screen under "Details".

And yes, you can register for a signature on delivery at a PO box - Aust Post just put a card in the box and they have to take it to the counter, show ID and sign.

Marina.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@gazzahammer wrote:

Hi , Thanks for that.

Paypal did not give me a postal address.See cut and Paste below,-----------------------------

-----
Deadline: 20/01/2014
-----------------------------------

On 20/01/2014, this dispute will automatically close unless you escalate it
to a PayPal claim. By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to
review the case and decide the outcome.

We will remind you by email when the deadline is approaching. A closed
dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.

Thank you,

Paypal

The seller advised they are moving to the USA and gave me a PO box in Glenmore to post the items to.
Am I able to register for a signature when posted to a Post Office Box?

Have you escalated the dispute to a claim?  If not, do it now as payal does not give you the address to return ithe item until they are in control of the refund process.

Do NOT send the item to any address that the seller gives you if you want paypal protection.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

The address you are supposed to use is ONLY the original on the Paypal payment slip/receipt

That is not correct, the seller can nominate any address they like for returns and the buyer should ignore any address that is not provided by Paypal through the dispute.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Hi, Thank you.

Yesterday PayPal advised me not to post it to the address.

I was told to activate a claim and PayPal will advise me when and where to post the item back.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Gazza, that is what we have been trying to tell you....you need to open a dispute, escalate it to a claim and then, and only then, will paypal give you the address to return the item.

You need to send it by trackble post and give the details to paypal.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply