Ebay Commiting fraud on postage charges?

I brought an Item for ~100 and postage was stated at roughly ~15

Then once I brought the item an extra 6 dollars(as a extra charge) was added for Pitney browns(A company Ebay has made an agreement with in TOS and it seems kinda shady) Stating Import duty.... which doesnt apply in Australia for items under 1000 but at anyrate.

Thats the claim...

Paypal Claims its not an unauthorised transaction despite more money being taken out of my account then the item+postage supposedly costing.

Meanwhile Ebay claims that I ONLY paid the original price on the recently brought items section leaving out the extra 6 dollars for "IMPORT" duty.

Which I provided to Paypal as evidence.

There is NOTHING on the item or in postage section for it that states an extra charge will apply.

In Ebays TOS there is a section for Pitney Browns and yet it specificly states weapons(knives) are not eligible for the service.

I contact the seller about the excess charge BEFORE they sent the item, and they ignored me and then replied Thanks for the Purchase after they had sent in a few days later(direct reply to my message it was included in the reply)

So exactly how is it legal for extra unknown, unstated charge to be applied for Pitney Browns by ebay.

Since Paypal/Ebay are the same company.. and since both take a cut.. and since Pitney Browns will obviously ALSO be providing them with a CUT.

Millions of Items a year overcharged could equal a billion dollars profit though excess charges.

Can anyone explain how its fair or honest because I sure as hell cant see it.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

as this original post was made  TWO YEARS AGO  -- MOST of it is no relevaant today as most buyers now know all about Pitney Bowes, the preferred shipping agent for the majority of USA international sellers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Re: Ebay Commiting fraud on postage charges?

Not according to ACCC

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Smiley Frustrated

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply