Ebay Refund

lpede5
Community Member

Another question for everyone. I recently bought a press kit online and it was described as brand new. Upon receiving the game I found that there were scratches on one of the discs, wear and tear on the same box in came in and tears on the cardboard. The seller replied claiming it was brad new, and has offered me a refund minus his postage fees when I return the item.

If I open an item not as described case with paypal will I get a full refund? Otherwise it means I will be $13 out of pocket if I have to pay for return postage, and lose out on the $6.60 I paid for postage when I first won the auction. And I think that since he didn't check the item properly and put it as brand new when it wasn't, and didn't mention any of the issues that I shouldn't have to be refunded minus the original postage.

Is paypal likely to refund me the full amount when I return the game? If they side in my favour that is. The seller asked me to return it and that he would refund me minus his postage costs - and this is without a case being opened yet. So I plan to do that first.

I haven't had to go through this before so I have no idea when it comes to getting a refund.

Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ebay Refund

lpede5
Community Member

Yeah I have had a bad streak lately haha. One was smoke riddled, but managed to get rid of the smell :). One bundle was missing a game, had a broken controller and scratched discs, and now this one. I do buy and sell online alot so I guess it is to be expected, I  haven't had any troubles in the past couple of years, everything arrived on time in great condition, even from overseas sellers. So I'm hoping I don't experience anymore haha 🙂

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

turk im sorry but i reported you  you are nit  allowed to adevetise   on the forums

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Carly, it is not a good idea to tell the world that you have reported someone.  You may well find yourself the target of all the Button Pushers who lurk here.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Lynda,Carly is talking about the Chinese spammer from yesterday & as not a single post of theirs has been removed,I'd say the mods don't work weekends-sigh.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

I can assure you they do.. I got slapped early this morning for a post that was only a few hours old, yet when I self reported duplicate posts of my own they do nothing, when I report posts for direct violations of eBay policy nothing happens for ages, but they're pretty quick to respond to the malicious BPs

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I agree with that patchoo.

Foxy, the post that Carly has reported in this thread has disappeared and it was pretty harmless....it just did not add anything to the discussion.

I am more concerned about the whole threads that are still there, which many of us have reported.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

You'd think that the mods are friends with the button pushers... 

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I can assure you they do.. I got slapped early this morning for a post that was only a few hours old, yet when I self reported duplicate posts of my own they do nothing, when I report posts for direct violations of eBay policy nothing happens for ages, but they're pretty quick to respond to the malicious BPs

Agree-have self reported my own thread on CS as don't like the way its gone-that was at LEAST 8 HOURS ago & its still there.:-(

And yep,the spammers posts & threads are still there.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply