Ebay SCAMMER and Ebay Removing Neg feedback.

I recently purchased an expensive item from a seller, $181, I asked for Registered post so it could be properly tracked, Seller refused. I was happy to pay for it. It of cause gets lost. Seller promises to replace or refund. Then suddenly tells me becasue the recipt guid tracking number shows it as deleivred to my SUBURB it is classed as deleived and Ebay has told him that that is fine. According to Ebay as long as the item is deleivered with 30kms from my address it is classed as deleivered. In other words anyone can post an item, put a rock in it, send it to some other address and get a recipt from Aus Post with a "guide" trcking number as Aus post call it, As soon as that item gets to that other address it shows as deleivered and Ebay Paypal are happy. Nothing the buyer can do. I even left a Neg feed back to seller and Ebay removed it, The feedback was honest and correct to Ebay guidlines. Paypal wont do a thing as Ebay states its been deleivred. If the seller used Regstered post it would of been correctly deiviered. Does anyone else see problems with this?   This is not only showing unsafe practises But leaving it wide open for many scammers. I am at a lose how Ebay can allow this. I asked Ebay and they also stated as long as it is deleivered with 30km of my address then it is classed as deleivred and does not get covered under buyer protection. Then removeing feedback to protect a shonky seller, How many negs has he had removed to keep a 100% rating?

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Ebay SCAMMER and Ebay Removing Neg feedback.

All tents should be set up from new, Then lightly wet down so the seems etc slightly swell. Then dry, This helps to water proof then to a certain point. We have several Black Wold tents, Awesome and do not leak, BUT we forgot to season the first one and it leaked until we then properly did it when we came home. Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions.  I did a Paypal dispute But they sided with Ebay 

Message 41 of 50
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

hi  jen   surely drivers have a delivery sheet of some sort  how would they know where to stop the van to deliver. i mean they cant have a full van of parcels and see the next stop is tracking nu 36663537378  ,   i dont know maybe somebody can tell us.

Joe, I have seen you post some pretty fanciful scenarios at times but this really takes the cake.

I can tell you exactly what happens with AP parcel deliveries.....parcel contractors and Messenger Post/StarTrack.  They are all using electronic scanners now so run sheets do not exist.

When a parcel is picked up it is scanned into the system by the driver.  If it is an electronic con-note the address is automatically scanned in along with the tracking number and shows on the scanner screen.

If it is a manual con-note the address does not show on the screen...just the tracking number which can still be tracked in the system even though the address is not showing.

At the end of the day the parcels are taken back to the base where they are scanned into the system again and sorted for delivery the next day.

When the driver arrives the next morning he sorts his parcels into the order he wants to deliver them.  Some drivers start at the furthest point of their run and work back towards the base.  Some work the other way.  And some who work in the CBD have to deliver their business mail early so have to fit their other deliveries around these time sensitive items.

Once the mail is sorted by the driver he then scans it into the system again...this is where it shows in the system as being on board with the driver for delivery that day.

All items can be tracked via the tracking number, even if the address is not showing in the system (as explained the address only shows if it is an electronic con-note) and the driver does not need the address as he has the parcel with the address on it.  However, if the address is not showing in he system the driver has to manually enter it into the system before it is delivered.

When the driver arrives at the address he takes the parcel along with the scanner to the customer.  If it has to be signed for the parcel is scanned and the customer signs on the screen.   This is all transmitted into the system so the phone operator should be able to see almost immediately that a parcel has been delivered and signed for.

If a signature is not required the driver just scans the parcel and leaves it if there is a safe place or takes it back to the PO and leaves a card.

I trust this clears up your queries.

Message 42 of 50
Latest reply

but thats what i am saying the address must be in the system ,on there scanners ..  or sheets  it does not matter what . so if its not on sheets its in there scanners , so they should know afterwards what the address was. thats all we need to know.   the driver has 50 parcels on board or so  all the addresses have got to be on the scanner while he is driving  so he whows were to go ,  surely.

thats what i said a delivery sheet  of some sort  the addtrss has got to be in the system   now how long it stays in there is another thing.

Message 43 of 50
Latest reply

lyndal  this is what this is all about      what address was this parcel delivered to , .  and i have said i think on post 30 something ,aus post have got to have the details  either sheet or something  now scanner or on his arm. they must have it.    

now when they get deleted   thats another think.

Message 44 of 50
Latest reply

Yes Joe, if the parcel is sent with an electronically generated con-note the address is in the system from the minute the parcel is picked up and scanned.

If the parcel only has a manual con-note when it is picked up the actual address is not in the system until the parcel is delivered and the address is manually put into the system by the driver as he delivers it.   There is always room for human error if the driver does not enter the address before leaving the parcel but it can still be tracked via the tracking number scanned from the original con-note when the parcel was picked up.  If it is really important the find out the actual address the parcel was delivered to the origianl con-note can be checked.

If the parcel was not delivered to that address then there is a problem which needs addressing.

Message 45 of 50
Latest reply

I have been reading this forum for awhile now and I have learned a few things along the way, Thank You Everyone Smiley Happy.

It has stood out to me that Lyndal 1838 you are a Fountain of Knowledge your post on the operations of scanned items for delivery just blew me away.

Thank you for sharing what you know with others.     

Message 46 of 50
Latest reply

Thank you.......Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 50
Latest reply

thats correct there has to be a simple check what address the parcel was delivered , so now the op can find out at which address that item was delivered too   spot on

Message 48 of 50
Latest reply

So why cant Aus Post tell me or give me some sort of evidence that it was actualy deleivered to my address? They say the driver "Thinks" she deleivered it to my address. But cant remeber for sure. I have in fact caught this driver out before deleivereing items to other people addressed to me. How do I know? They have traveled several streets to me to give it to me, cleaerly with my address on the parcel. left at their address and the online system states deleivered. The point is, It wasnt deleivred to my address. We were all home the day it was supposedly deleivred. 

Message 49 of 50
Latest reply

Australia Post should be able to give you the address that the parcel was delivered to.

Even if it was a manual con-note and the driver forgot to enter the address AP should still be able to check the con-note.

But again that is dependant on the driver actually delivering to the correct address, not some other address as has happened before by your own statement.

Message 50 of 50
Latest reply