Ebay account compromised, How to Cancel an Item

Hello everybody, i've been on Ebay for over a year but this is the first time that my Ebay account was compromised.

Someone seems to have accessed my account last night and tried to buy a pair of very expensive sunglasses.

Thankfully  I have had no money in my PayPal or Account and the purchase didn't go through nor did I accept it.

I did get a random email sayng I got the item that I didn't buy.

I have checked ebay's support page but the info is scarce and doesn't really explain much so I have changed my password.

I noticed that ebay has a cancel order page but that hasn't seemed to work because they just say contact the seller.

I have contacted the seller but in the case of the seller refusing what should I do. 

It says "Unpaid Item" on my ebay page but I want to get rid of it. How should I do this if it's possible?
Thanks if anyone can help me. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Go to the link below and then to "account security" and pick the "contact us" link then get eBay to call you back (you'll get the better CS rep that way).

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/account

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If the seller doesn't want to cancel, just let it go. They will probably open up an non payment dispute to get their fees back. As long as you haven't had any other non payment disputes closed against you in the last 12 months, you won't have any problems. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply