sellers not issuing invoices after request

g'day everyone, I have been buying on Ebay for quite a few years now and always use Ebay messaging to ask for an invoice after winning an item, some sellers lately do not reply and consequently no invoice is received, I like to pay quickly and move on, is anyone else having problems getting an invoice?

In my latest win in USA, I asked for an invoice, nothing, then sent another message a day later and got an email reply

"Hi since you are international it will be shipped through the eBay international shipping program and whatever eBay estimates the shipping based on size and weight that it what it will be"

this is not an invoice of course and perhaps the seller is hinting at pay whatever ends up on Checkout which is what I will do but an invoice (digital) is important for my records

any thoughts please Buyers ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Some sellers are not on their computers every day, and some are unable to answer or just don't see the request due to a number of factors that I won't bore you with now.

May I ask, why is an invoice from a US seller so important, isn't your email reciept enough? It is not like you can claim GST on it.

Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the seller is using the GSP they have no idea what the shipping will be.

US sellers only ship to a local address (Erlanger KY) and the international component of the shipping is put on the invoice as a separate cost which the seller never sees.

Just go through Checkout as the shipping cost should already be on the invoice....I have never known anyone having toask for a GSP invoice.....it also shows on the listing before you even buy/bid on the item.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

In your purchases, there is a drop down menu under 'view order details'

You can then view the entire order on a printer friendly page.

Just print it out.     No problem.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If a US or UK seller ships via the GSP, then they CAN'T send an invoice. The option isn't available to them. If you've bought multiple items from the one seller then you either pay postage on each item, or ask the seller to cancel the items and relist with all items as a single listing. Always be very polite when requesting that from a seller. You can even go so far as to offer to pay for any listing fees that may be incurred by having to relist the items as one. No guarantee they will do it though.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply