Ebay cancelled sale, paypal won't refund

I bought something BIN yesterday and paid straight away through paypal.  Today I got an email from Ebay loss prevention saying that they have cancelled the sale, that I should not purchase the item and if I have already paid I need to "act quickly to get (your) money back".  There is a spiel about paypals buyer protection.

I logged onto paypal and couldn't cancel the transaction.  I called paypal and they basically told me tough luck, they are not reversing the transaction, I can go through the dispute process and wait 11 days for the seller to respond blah blah blah.

How is this fair when ebay has cancelled the sale themselves and deleted the seller?  I asked the seller questions about the item and they replied promptly and politely so I had no reason to think they are dodgy...100% feedback.

If ebay decides themselves to cancel a sale then the buyer should be entitled to an immediate refund if they paid through paypal. Why should I have to wait and be out of pocket because of them??

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Ebay cancelled sale, paypal won't refund

@sna-4293 wrote:

Refund has now gone through and I appologise for my nasty comment. Sorry, Destiny Haris. I think you are a good worker and are doing your best to keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell.

And this is precisely why there is a rule against naming and shaming on the boards.

There is one upside however....sna-4293 has shown his/her true colours on the boards for the sellers who come here to see.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply