Ebay etiquette

shahmink
Community Member

When I'm looking for items on ebay I regularly come across seller's mistakes in their listings.

For example, in a seller's store they have the exact item listed twice at different prices. It's listed once in a clearance section for BIN $25.99 and then listed in a 50% sale for a BIN $39.99.

Shall I point out these sorts of mistakes to sellers?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Ebay etiquette

You could try to point out to the seller their mistake but be prepared to mostly likely get abuse thrown back you for your touble.

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

I see that kind pricing all over ebay everyday,I reckon its called marketing tatics

----------------------------------------------------------
Started out with nothing...still got most of it.
Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

Man ,I badly need a new proof reader,"kind of pricing" and tactics

Started out with nothing...still got most of it.
Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

shahmink
Community Member

Man ,I badly need a new proof reader,"kind of pricing" and tactics

Yep ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

don't ya mean kinda pricing ?

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

I was looking for an item yesterday saw it listed at $1399 BIN further a listing exact same item same seller auction starting at $1499 I think or something along those lines.

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

As far as I know it is  illegal in Australia for a business trader to sell the same items (identical) at two different BIN prices - I thought they had to sell it to the consumer at the lowest price ?

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

@thecatspjs   I don't think there is any law that forbids you pricing an item or items at any price its your business one could be old stock and another new stock with increased prices , The only time that can happen is when its a regulated product or company.  Like Beer.  Otherwise just about every car sold is being sold illegally as everyone gets a different price.

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

OH and they don't have to sell at the lowest price they can sell at what ever price they choose, but if its to high your simply not going to sell to much so in reality its market controlled.   It is up to the purchaser if its to high don't buy.

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply