Ebay is no longer the place to be

I do most of my shopping online. In the last month I have spent approx $500.

Once my current sales are final.

I am now taking my money else where.

I left neg feedback fo a seller who overcharged me $11 postage and the item was not packed properly.

The seller said they were going to express then didn't.

said they would part refund postage then didn't.

said had refunded had not.

Told ebay had refunded had not.

My feedback left was over charged buy $11 said would refund they did not

I asked ebay about this they say its there choice to remove feedback and that the seller said they refunded. Lie Lie Lie

So my question is how can they think it's right to remove without checking facts.

Whats the point of feedback if ebay play around with it. I would understand if she had refunded but she did not.

So I will now continue and increase my shopping with, Catch of the day, grocery run, Target, Big W, Cotton On, scoopon who offer combined shipping, and have more protection in place for buyers.

I think by ebay looking after bad sellers they are doing harm to the good ones. But as ebay plays with feedback I can't tell who is who so I have no choice to take my money and run.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Sorry That $500 is on ebay only I did not include other sites

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

You shouldn't let one bad experience affect you like that. Just be wary of some sellers. It happens in all stores, even the stores you have mentioned. EBay can't remove the feedback anyway because the seller does not have a valid reason 🙂
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

@belindabargainhunter wrote:

Once my current sales are final.

I am now taking my money else where.

bye bye belinda

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

they did remove it stating the seller told them she part refunded. not just one experience. I think the way ebay is run is not up to date and that they are unhelpful to sellers being scammed and buyers being scammed.

With the fees they are charging and the fact they seem to be letting a lot of things slip

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Yes one cannot rely on feedback for any judgement about the seller's reputation. This has been an issue for some time and countless postings indicate many people are concerned about it

So my question is how can they think it's right to remove without checking facts.

Whats the point of feedback if ebay play around with it.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Some of the other sites are giving ebay a run for its money, for sure!!

Just be careful what you buy though as I have heard of some horrific experiences with the daily deal sites too. People buying vouchers, only to find restaurants and some other venues have closed down or just say they are fully booked, bad luck.

Having said that, I think you are more likely to be able to rely on definitely receiving  actual items on a site such as catch of the day, as compared to ebay.

Mind you, all my recent experiences on ebay have been good, maybe you have just struck one bad seller.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

they did remove it stating the seller told them she part refunded. not just one experience. I think the way ebay is run is not up to date and that they are unhelpful to sellers being scammed and buyers being scammed.

With the fees they are charging and the fact they seem to be letting a lot of things slip

just out of interest what exactly was the feedback comment you left belinda ?

so other buyers might benefit from this experience

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

over charged buy $11 said would refund they did not

so when they told ebay they refunded me that makes my statement untrue. However they have never refunded. What makes me made is ebay excepts the sellers word and didnt bother to check with me

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

mad not made

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply