Ebay re-started emails for defunct searches (>8 years old)

Hi,

I am wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

Recently, Ebay has started sending me emails for listings for searches that I had and deleted, many years ago - more than 8 years ago.

They are no longer in my saved searches, as I deleted them years ago.  So I can't go and delete them now, to stop the emails, as they don't exist.

If I click the link within the email that says "disable email for this search" I get an error message (presumably because the search doesn't actually exist any more).  The error screen says "Input Error" - referring to the "Unsubscribe email" - which makes sense, because I haven't been subscribed to this search for many years.

But why on earth is Ebay starting this up now?  Im finding it extremely annoying to get >10 emails per day about searches that I deleted many years ago.

Any tips on how to stop them?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I'm in the same situation. After months of NOT getting any notifications on saved searches, I received several today. No idea how to stop them however, as you are right - there is no facility under the Saved Searches button to delete them.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

eBay's company motto: We'll send you what you don't want, because you did once look at it.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Many years ago I was searching for baby/children's clothing and toys.  The babies are now 16 and 18 so I was a bit surprised to start receiving those search results again.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

g_lol.gif

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

It's amazing that these things are still in their system. Their servers (or whatever) must be overflowing with outdated info that's obviously never permanently deleted. It's a bit scary to think they still know every little thing I've done on ebay in the last 14+ years!
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

This doesn't really surprise me at all - eBay's 'saved searches' emails have always been hit-and-miss for me - sometimes they come through, sometimes they don't; sometimes it's one here, one there, while other times it's all at once.

It's telling that on occasions where I've had something for sale that also matches up with a saved search, I'll receive the email promoting my own item to me - their system hasn't been made "intelligent" enough to filter out my own listings.

If you can't find any options in eBay to stop the extra emails they're sending you, you could perhaps try filtering them out using keywords in your mail client, and have them deleted straight away.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

While my messages aren't for items 8 years ago, I too am getting these useless reminders.

I've also got ending soon messages for items I bought (and paid for for) this week!  Ridiculous.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

I am still getting reminders under the stupid bell for items I bought before last Christmas and deleted from my watch list at the time.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

8 years ago I would have heaps of saved searches but I haven't had any emails. Either I'm special, or the rest of you are. 😉
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply