Encourage Buyer to leave negative fb when seller refuses to sell

I am so furious - just learned that ebay has now making it super easy for a seller to cancel the order if the seller does not want to sell for whatever reason and it appeas that there are no consequences for doing so unless a buyer leave a negative feedback. I have had this happened to me a couple of times this month and this is way too frequent! 

Why did ebay change their previous policy - which requires the buyer's agreement before cancellation? 

I encourage every buyer to leave negative feedback if this happens to them. 

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

@horizon1907 wrote:

Whatever happened to communicating with the Seller ?  This seems to be a trend that IMO has been forgotten. Most things, with a bit of communication can be worked out. Seems leaving Negs is easier

So true horizon, and a bad trend as well IMHO.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

It has changed - now the seller can cancel the sale without the buyer's consent and get their fee back with no problem. I only just found out this.

When a seller goes to cancel a sale there are two options: The buyer has changed their mind or the seller has not got the item or cannot sell it because it is broken etc. If the buyer has not asked for the cancellation then the seller has to choose the second option and will get a defect.

I would never give a newbie seller with their first sale a neg for doing what ebay ill advise them to do by starting low to attract interest, I would email them and tell them what the score is and explain that they should never start at a price below what they are happy to sell at and this time I will let it go without penalising them and will agree to cancel if they send me a request. If it is an experienced seller then I will most certainly neg them if they say they did not get enough for it, if they say it is damaged I want a photo.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

fashionlover - it doesn't matter what the case is - about cancellations.

That is not even a point here.

The main point is that you have just done yourself out of heaps of great buyers! On either of your id's.

I'm in the media Industry, know about half of Australia, tons of ladies in business world always on the look out for a great seller and great stuff.

Due to your less than honourable conduct in this sale - (like I said before - you were so furious that you have missed out on something for nothing that you couldn't help yourself, and left a neg!) - I don't think you've gained any new clients.

But then again, saving grace here (for you) is after having a good look - you don't really sell type of stuff that we normally would want to buy.

This is NOT cool.

But not too late - nothing stopping you from changing that f/back at least , and a sincere apology to the lady would go down well.

Trust me - you'll instantly feel a lot better.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Well we all know where i stand on a done deal, but by the O.P saying  "I encourage every buyer to leave negative feedback if this happens to them" instead of communicating with the NEW seller is a dog act. IMO.Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Woof, woof! (that's my dog agreeing with you, robbo)
Message 25 of 25
Latest reply