FAKE LED LIGHT RATING

BE VERY CAREFULL ABOUT  LED LIGHTS RATING, SOME SELLERS ARE RATING THEIR LIGHT BARS AT 1800 W  , SOME ARE EVEN RATING  LED LIGS AT OVER 25,000 WATTS , THIS IS  A 1900 AMP CURRENT DRAW. YET THEY ONLY SUPPLY YOU A  STD 30 AMP RELAY.....

WATCH OUT FOR THESE SELLERS PLUSS OTHERS :

<Removed>

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: FAKE LED LIGHT RATING

25,000 WATTS , THIS IS  A 1900 AMP CURRENT DRAW

So they run on 13 volts? Strange. I've heard of 12v and 24v for cars. Mains power is 240v.

No need to shout by the way, we are not deaf.

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

So they run on 13 volts?

Im sure turbo has just rounded something abit here of there is no biggie - he is just highlighting that trying to draw 25000 watts from your car's wiring would result in a fire from that much current at 12~ish volts.

But what he is getting shouty about is  sellers overstating the performance of their stuff - unfortunately there is no good answer for him - it really is a case of buyer beware - those selling practices exist in all areas - its not an ebay only thing.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

i`ll type IN CAPS IF i WAnT . . mayBE I ACCIDENTly TyPED IN CAPS and couldnt be bothered changind IT. did you ever think of that.
Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

who gives a **bleep** ? 12-13 , depends on how much aload is already on a cars electrical system , and no,its not strange , i`m just quoting the real voltage on a auto battery as its charging, nominal is 12v , put a voltmeter across a car battery while its charging and tell me what it reads.
Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

at least beerandpizzaplz GETS it/
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

@turbo1600 wrote:
who gives a **bleep** ? 12-13 , depends on how much aload is already on a cars electrical system , and no,its not strange , i`m just quoting the real voltage on a auto battery as its charging, nominal is 12v , put a voltmeter across a car battery while its charging and tell me what it reads.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

popcorn.gif

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

I'll join you Stawks.

It is always interesting when the Alpha Males butt heads.Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

200.gif

All for one Stalks......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 30
Latest reply