FAKE LED LIGHT RATING

BE VERY CAREFULL ABOUT  LED LIGHTS RATING, SOME SELLERS ARE RATING THEIR LIGHT BARS AT 1800 W  , SOME ARE EVEN RATING  LED LIGS AT OVER 25,000 WATTS , THIS IS  A 1900 AMP CURRENT DRAW. YET THEY ONLY SUPPLY YOU A  STD 30 AMP RELAY.....

WATCH OUT FOR THESE SELLERS PLUSS OTHERS :

<Removed>

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: FAKE LED LIGHT RATING

A bit hard to butt heads with people who only come out of hiding on a weekly basis.

Although it would make the popcorn vendors and weight-loss clinics happy.

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

A car battery in good condition should be around 12.6V (which is usually the float voltage for a 12V multi stage smart charger)

When an engine is running the alternator will supply a charging voltage of 13.6V to 14.6V to the battery.

Most LED light bars can handle input voltages between 9V - 30V So also ok for 24V vehicles.

..But yes, totally false ratings from some sellers.. & they can’t provide a decent answer to back up these claims.

As an example, a light bar claiming 3200W

I=P/V (3200W div. by 12V = 266A) Totally unrealistic.

The light bars are most likely still very bright & some could be worth buying.. but the figures are just extremely false.

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

The Fake aplies to house lighting as well...

My advice about eBay and such Chinese led lights would be to stay clear of corn bulbs and down lights....I have had 15 and 25 Watt rated ones that only drew 3 or 4 Watts according to a power meter...

.On the other hand, the bulb shaped led lights have been good and read the power that they were supposed to be..I used to wonder why the bulb lamps were brighter than the corn lamps....Now I know! (you can grab yourself a power meter from eBay for around $15)

And of course we won't mention the ratings of led torches or led car headlights......Some are rated at 470 Watts, which means you would need to tow a generator in a trailer behind you car to power them or clear the bull**bleep** !(They really all draw around 30 Watts but give a lot more light than a halogen)

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

work this out!

• Plug Type: H11/H9/H8, High Beam/Low Beam/Fog Lights
  • LED Power: 5600W/set, 300000LM /set
  • LED Quantity(each bulb): 4 Sides COB LEDs chips
  • Operating Voltage: DC 9-32V(fit 12V,24V vehicles)

Take off the last two zero's.

3000lm LED total = 150 watt halogen divided by 2 globes = 16,6watt LED or 75 watt halogen  per globe

56watt halogen = 1120lm. and 12.4 watt LED.  I doubt they are equivalent to 75 watt (1500) halogens , more like 55 watt (1120lm) halogens.  We'll see when they turn up! Not one listing on ebay, the  LM values match the LED or halogen wattage values in their descriptions. Deceitful descriptions.

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

@scott3810 wrote:

work this out!

• Plug Type: H11/H9/H8, High Beam/Low Beam/Fog Lights
  • LED Power: 5600W/set, 300000LM /set
  • LED Quantity(each bulb): 4 Sides COB LEDs chips
  • Operating Voltage: DC 9-32V(fit 12V,24V vehicles)

Take off the last two zero's.

3000lm LED total = 150 watt halogen divided by 2 globes = 16,6watt LED or 75 watt halogen  per globe

56watt halogen = 1120lm. and 12.4 watt LED.  I doubt they are equivalent to 75 watt (1500) halogens , more like 55 watt (1120lm) halogens.  We'll see when they turn up! Not one listing on ebay, the  LM values match the LED or halogen wattage values in their descriptions. Deceitful descriptions.

my head hurts

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

Some easier math for you Slr

Spoiler
 Related image
Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

that I understand

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

& that's why you & imastawka are sitting here giving dumb replies on the ebay forum.  If you don't have a proper suggestion or an answer, then don't bother commenting. You don't have to be smart to know if you have $20 & your wife has $15, she has $35, that is in the male's blood from birth!.  You don't have to be smart to work out basic maths, so if your "head hurts" that explains why you are sitting there commenting **bleep** that does not help people on forums.................Have a lovely christmas. Remember it's on the 25th, so only six days to go....just incase you couldn't work that out either.  

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

Here's a suggestion -

Don't buy from Chinese sellers, especially electrical items.

Don't need math for that.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

..Have a lovely christmas. Remember it's on the 25th, so only six days to go....just incase you couldn't work that out either.

Very bad math.  Today is the 21st

Do you have Christmas on the 27th?

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply