False and misleading advertising?

Why do advertisers say they are an " AU" seller  or an Australian seller, when they're clearly not?? They're from overseas. 

Also " item locations "  they state , are also false.  

I ordered " X'  items from a supposedly "Australian seller".....in Dampier Western Australia ? Alarm bells went off. 

It took so much longer than estimated to arrive, so when I inquired , the response was 'goobledegookenglish'  and less than reassuring . 

When it arrived, it clearly had an overseas  postal service lable on it , that explains the lengthy delivery time. Definitely not  from Dampier WA  !!!!!!

I do hope that Ebay cracks down on this nonsense .

If the item comes from O/S ,the seller should say so and not pretend to be " Aussie"  and  not put " Australian seller"  on their ads. 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: False and misleading advertising?

EBay could get 1,000's of complaints a day and they won't do anything about it. The Chinese are the untouchables. They generate a lot of income for eBay, therefore eBay is happy to turn a blind eye.

As for relying on ACL, that only applies to businesses with an ABN. If you bought something from me and it goes pear shaped, relying on ACL will get you nowhere (I know that because a buyer a few years ago took me to court and they played the ACL card. They lost. I've read on here of other sellers having the same thing happen, where buyers tried to force a refund through the courts, and failed, because they tried the ACL card and failed). The only thing you can rely on (most of the time) is the MBG. 

Always check feedback. It tells you where the seller is registered. If they are registered in an Asian country, 80% of the time they will ship from their country. The other 20% have warehouses in Australia. Even if feedback is 100%, check feedback because there might be neutrals, which can tell stories too.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

YES I AGREE. AND WHY ARE THESE SELLERS ALLOWED TO STATE THE ITEM LOCATION IS IN AUSTRALIA , WHEN IN FACT THE **bleep** IS FROM OVERSEAS AND TAKES FOREVER.

I SPECIFICALLY DO NOT BY FROM CHINA ANYMORE  ....I THOUGHT......EBAY PROVED ME WRONG.

EXTREMELY **bleep** OFF THAT I HAVE TO CHECK EVERYTHING NOW !!!!!!!

NOT HAPPY AT ALL.!!!!

@tcrenhartofohpwa_9 wrote:

Why do advertisers say they are an " AU" seller  or an Australian seller, when they're clearly not?? They're from overseas. 

Also " item locations "  they state , are also false.  

I ordered " X'  items from a supposedly "Australian seller".....in Dampier Western Australia ? Alarm bells went off. 

It took so much longer than estimated to arrive, so when I inquired , the response was 'goobledegookenglish'  and less than reassuring . 

When it arrived, it clearly had an overseas  postal service lable on it , that explains the lengthy delivery time. Definitely not  from Dampier WA  !!!!!!

I do hope that Ebay cracks down on this nonsense .

If the item comes from O/S ,the seller should say so and not pretend to be " Aussie"  and  not put " Australian seller"  on their ads. 

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Please stop using caps lock in your posts, it's considered shouting at people - we are just members like yourself here and don't deserve to be shouted at.

It only takes 2 clicks of the mouse to find out where a seller is registered - hardly a time-cosuming task..............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Too much trouble to check who you are buying from, don't use ebay

Stop screaming and swearing because you choose not to check who and what you are buying before you buy

Or do you think if the seller is really in Australia then they must be a good,decent,honest person ?

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply