Fastway tracking number invalid.

$140 package from Melbourne still not delivered to regional VIC (posted on Monday).

The courier said he has no packages for my address in his van for delivery today.

The tracking number supplied comes up as having no scans recorded.

I know Fastway couriers has a reputation for the occasional clanger. Should I be concerned at this stage?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Does the parcel say what city or suburb that it is being delivered to?
Are you sure the item has been picked up?
Message 11 of 41
Latest reply

Well, I was wondering that. Maybe the seller has entered the tracking number on the pre-paid Fastway label / statchel, but it has not yet been collected. Which kind of sucks because I bought from the nearest seller I could find, in the hope that it would get here by tomorrow for my son's birthday. Next time I know to order early and to check on delivery methods before comitting to a sale.

Message 12 of 41
Latest reply

There's a possibility that it'll turn up tomorrow morning Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 41
Latest reply

Reading over the original listing, the seller states Australia Post as their delivery method, but when I click on the tracking number it takes me to the Fastways website.

If I enter that same tracking number into the AP 'track you item' service, it comes up as a number for a receipted delivery, but as with Fastways it states that no events / scans are currently found.

Now I'm confused about exactly who is going to be delivering the package, if at all.

Message 14 of 41
Latest reply

Still no sign of the package, and I spoke to someone at Fastway, they said it is likely that I have been goven the worng tracking number, or that the package has not been picked up yet. No response from the seller. Blah.

Message 15 of 41
Latest reply

Mystery solved: the tracking number for the Fastways package is not showing a delivery status because it has not yet been posted. The seller filled out the label and entered the tracking number, and marked it as posted without sending it. Why hasn't it been sent yet? They are still waiting for their shipment of stock to arrive!

Smiley Mad

Message 16 of 41
Latest reply

That's annoying.. They should have made you aware of it instead of marking it as sent.. Lucky it's not the courier's fault I guess.

Message 17 of 41
Latest reply

You could always open an INR. They can't prove postage so you would get your money back and they would be left with the satchel.

Message 18 of 41
Latest reply

Well apparently it was collected by the courier yesterday, but now the Fastways website is down and I can't check to delivery status.

I'm so over this stupid package, I think I'll just throw a molotov cocktail at it when it does show up, and go straight to the pub.

Message 19 of 41
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Ring the depot and ask...they usually have more information than the driver will have.

It is only 4 days and Fastway is notoriously slow.

Not in my experience.. I ordered a PC which was sent though Fastway from Sydney with tracking adnd signature required,  it was here the next day in the morning with the signature uploaded to their website saying that the package had been delivered.

Unless the service vaires depending on where you live, I can't imagine it taking more than two days to deliver in the same state

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 20 of 41
Latest reply