Fastway tracking number invalid.

$140 package from Melbourne still not delivered to regional VIC (posted on Monday).

The courier said he has no packages for my address in his van for delivery today.

The tracking number supplied comes up as having no scans recorded.

I know Fastway couriers has a reputation for the occasional clanger. Should I be concerned at this stage?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

ALL my personal experiences of Fastway have been slow and I am only 15 minutes from the Sydney CBD.  Mail from interstate is always days longer than Australia Post from the same location.

Fastways have never had a particularly good reputation in the industry for speedy deliveries.

Message 21 of 41
Latest reply

I can't blame Fastways for this mess, when I called the store on Monday after having my emails ignored since the previous Thursday, they admitted to not having the item in stock and would send me the package as soon as the stock arrived. Marking the item as posted with a tracking number when it was in reality an empty box / satchel sitting on the shelf is very sloppy customer service IMO.

Message 22 of 41
Latest reply

It is.

As it's on it's way, finally, now, all you can do is reflect your opinion of the transaction in the feedback you leave the seller.

Message 23 of 41
Latest reply

I contacted a vendor who uses Fastway as well. It turns out Fastway supply 2 different tracking numbers for the 1 package. In my experience of buying interstate (VIC to NSW), the 1st tracking number shows the pickup and the 2nd tracking number shows the boarding for delivery today & the delivered confirmation. 
On the eBay transaction, I was only supplied with the 2nd tracking number (shows what happened in NSW), so I was really confused as to what was going on - I was kept in the dark. It was still very difficult with half the tracking numbers, why? It's because the 1st entry recorded on Tracking #2 took place just 3 hours before the delivery!!!

I waited 6 days, and all the notice I get is 3 hours!
(Potential tip if you must continue using fastway: The only difference between tracking #1 and tracking #2 was the last digit. Tracking #1's last digit was less by one.

For example (not real numbers, but I'm demonstrating the pattern): Tracking #1: FZ00000000045, Tracking #2 FZ 00000000046  

Message 24 of 41
Latest reply

No point advising me. I don't use Fastway, and if I did I'm fairly sure I would have sorted it ot in the last 17 months.

Message 25 of 41
Latest reply

Parcel from Perth to sydney now 2 1/2 weeks. When do I start to worry?
Message 26 of 41
Latest reply

Yesterday.

Message 27 of 41
Latest reply

3 years ago when the thread was started.

Message 28 of 41
Latest reply

howzzat
Community Member
Anyway but the right way, honestly I’m amazed that the industry still operates, every delivery I’ve had, involved problems having to always contact the seller, don’t bother trying too contact Fastway! There away,
Message 29 of 41
Latest reply

Did you really think that the OP needed to know that after 2YEARS.  Please try not to drag up old threads.

Message 30 of 41
Latest reply