Faulty item paypal sided with seller

The first time I used my robot vacuum it stopped working and shows an error code it will not clean and only beeps. I followed the instructions to fix as per the manual but this did not work.

The seller also did not send some accessories that were meant to come with the unit. I emailed them and after intitially saying they would send them, I then had no response for 2 weeks.

I opened a paypal dispute and the seller then  told paypal that she had been in hospital and that the vacuum worked fine with no problems when she had it and would not refund.

Once I opened the dispute the seller then suddenly sent the missing accessories (which I informed paypal of).

But paypal then sided with the seller saying they could not refund as the vacuum was not in the same condition which I had received it. Which I guess means they took her word it was working ok. 

Because the sellers account was frozen while paypal was deciding, she seemed to be helping me  contact the original seller for replacement/repair under warranty and even forwarded me emails. Now that they decided in her favour I have had no contact for over 2 weeks again.

I was going to leave negative feedback but the item no longer exists??

Shouldn't paypal have given me a refund since the seller refused to take the vacuum back and I am left $123 out of pocket with a vacuum that doesn't work.

It doesn't seem fair.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Faulty item paypal sided with seller

Does the seller sell heaps of them, as in are they a distributer/reseller for the product?

I doubt paypal can tell you what was said on the sellers side....

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

It was a  vacuum they had bought off ebay from a reseller. Maybe I could make contact directly with the seller they bought it from.

I am going off the comments that the seller put in the paypal dispute centre. Why paypal decided that way I am only guessing.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

It does seem a bit strange. Was it an auction? new or used? Australian seller?

All I can guess at is that if it was an auction it was sold as is or something.

If sold new you are entitled to a refund by law, within 7 days though so your out of luck with that I think

I doubt the original seller will do anything, they may be able to help you with warranty issues if they are an authorized seller. If you purchased it from the authorized seller originally they usually have a contract with the manufacturer forcing them to honor warranties. 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Have you tried looking into the actual fault with the unit. It may be something very simple to fix.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

It is a used item, ebay auction, but was not sold as is, it was sold as "almost new - used only twice but scared our kitten too much".

I have tried everything the manual says to fix the fault - it says there is a fault with the brush and the vacuum is trapped and all it does is beep and go in circles before switching itself off.

I have removed the brush and cleaned it, cleaned the sensors, charged it. There was hair in the brush, but I removed it all.  I googled for hours trying to see if there is any fix but can find no information on the "good robot" brand vacuum.

It developed this fault the first time I used it so I can't understand why I am not entitled to return it for a refund. But I know paypal won't reopen a closed case.

Anyway, this post is more a vent than anything as it is a lost cause I think.

Thanks for your suggestions - I will email the original seller  and see if they will help me out.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

was an Australian seller too

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Just realised the seller I bought this from is no longer registered. Probably explains why I can't leave feedback.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Perhaps try contacting the manufacturer. They may be able to help you out. The original seller is probably not in a position to help, as they don't know what has transpired since they sold it.

I had a problem with a kettle and I contacted the manufacturer. While I was on the phone with their tech service people I asked them about which of their models was the most reliable so I ended up returning the one I had that was faulty and buying another model. Some products have common faults/glitches so they may be able to provide you with some information to help you fix the problem.

Good luck

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

you purchased 2nd hand, used, from a private seller (not a registered business) via auction, so of course there is no guarantee or warranty of any kind.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply