Feedback removed

deeana77
Community Member
After purchasing items, which never were posted, - had to go through a PayPal dispute to get money refunded. For the first time ever I had left negative feedback. My feedback consisted of - 'Seller lied about sending items. Resulted in PayPal dispute and refund.' I received an email saying this was abusive, and eBay has removed comment. Is there any way to get eBay to reconsider? Or perhaps if I can make a formal complaint about the seller?? Any help appreciated.
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Feedback removed

Hello,

unfortunately it does appear that you have breached eBay policy regarding feedback, so I would think that there is not much that eBay will do for you.

"Feedback that includes references to law enforcement investigations or eBay or PayPal investigations."

however it does say this, but because you included the above, they took the lot.

This type of Feedback comment isn't removed:

• Feedback comments containing accusatory language such as "fraud", "liar", "cheater", "scam artist", or "con man". Although this type of comment is strongly discouraged, it isn't removed unless it also contains content that isn't allowed.

When eBay may remove or adjust Feedback

General Info - (LOL I was looking for this earlier and couldn't find it, so I've gotta include it now, even though you probablky don't want it LOL - but it may pay to have a read so that any further feedback that you leave is within eBay's Policy Guidelines and doesn't get removed.

All about Feedback policies

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

It is actually against eBay's feedback policy to mention disputes, so that would have been immediate grounds for removal, I'm afraid. In some circumstances feedback may be reinstated, but not when the content of the comment is against policy...

Here's the Feedback policy which details the kind of feedback comments that are (or are not) allowed:  http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

Edit: ....^^what crikey said. 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

If you click on the Customer Support link at the top of the page, then click 'Contact eBay', you should see some options for different issues realting to buying / selling etc, once you select one of those, there should be a range of contact options that appears. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

@deeana77 wrote:
*trust and safety team

deanna, if you go into the tab up the top marked Customer Support, in there are two more tabs on the left hand side near the top "Customer Support" or "Contact eBay"

Go to "Contact eBay"

once there you then have three options = "Buying", Selling" and "My Account"

Go to "Buying"

under that section you will find a few options - I'm thinking "Report a member" on the right side, or the one about feeedback on the left side.

Clicking on one of these will take you to contact information. I don't recommend sending an email, but the other option there is to call them, click on that and this will provide you with a 1800 number and a pass code,

Unfortunately neither of these two options gives you the chioice of having someone call you, but from a land line, the 1800 number should be free anyway (unless that has changed?)

From here, you can ask for the situation to be taken to trust and safety.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

I am sure they did not post it however nobody reading that feedback knows that for a fact and will see your comment as inappropriate, a lot of sellers may even add you to their BBL if they do read it. If you are annoyed at a seller write the feedback you would like to leave using notepad to get it out of your system, leave it for a while and half a bottle of wine later write a the one you should leaveSmiley Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Feedback removed

Hello,

unfortunately it does appear that you have breached eBay policy regarding feedback, so I would think that there is not much that eBay will do for you.

"Feedback that includes references to law enforcement investigations or eBay or PayPal investigations."

however it does say this, but because you included the above, they took the lot.

This type of Feedback comment isn't removed:

• Feedback comments containing accusatory language such as "fraud", "liar", "cheater", "scam artist", or "con man". Although this type of comment is strongly discouraged, it isn't removed unless it also contains content that isn't allowed.

When eBay may remove or adjust Feedback

General Info - (LOL I was looking for this earlier and couldn't find it, so I've gotta include it now, even though you probablky don't want it LOL - but it may pay to have a read so that any further feedback that you leave is within eBay's Policy Guidelines and doesn't get removed.

All about Feedback policies

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

It is actually against eBay's feedback policy to mention disputes, so that would have been immediate grounds for removal, I'm afraid. In some circumstances feedback may be reinstated, but not when the content of the comment is against policy...

Here's the Feedback policy which details the kind of feedback comments that are (or are not) allowed:  http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

Edit: ....^^what crikey said. 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

deeana77
Community Member
I'd unfortunately read this afterwards!! I honestly thought it meant open/in the process disputes. I'm just annoyed as the seller had a previous comment removed as well in their feedback - at the time of bidding I assumed it had been removed for a reason. Now I realise it was probably removed for the same reason as mine was and the seller is dodgy. From what I've read, eBay has a trust and safety Terran (apparently) which looks like you are able to contact them about dodgy sellers, however I can not find anyway to contact them ๐Ÿ˜•
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

deeana77
Community Member
*trust and safety team
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

tstore
Community Member
How do you know item was not posted?
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

If you click on the Customer Support link at the top of the page, then click 'Contact eBay', you should see some options for different issues realting to buying / selling etc, once you select one of those, there should be a range of contact options that appears. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

@deeana77 wrote:
*trust and safety team

deanna, if you go into the tab up the top marked Customer Support, in there are two more tabs on the left hand side near the top "Customer Support" or "Contact eBay"

Go to "Contact eBay"

once there you then have three options = "Buying", Selling" and "My Account"

Go to "Buying"

under that section you will find a few options - I'm thinking "Report a member" on the right side, or the one about feeedback on the left side.

Clicking on one of these will take you to contact information. I don't recommend sending an email, but the other option there is to call them, click on that and this will provide you with a 1800 number and a pass code,

Unfortunately neither of these two options gives you the chioice of having someone call you, but from a land line, the 1800 number should be free anyway (unless that has changed?)

From here, you can ask for the situation to be taken to trust and safety.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

It is never a good idea to resort to name calling even if it doesn't breach policy and calling someone a liar says more about you especially as you cannot know for sure if the item was lost in the post or not posted at all.

If i am going to leave a neg i keep it impersonal and factual, eg 'Item not received, finally got a refund' or similar.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Feedback removed

deeana77
Community Member
Thank you all for your help.

How did I know for sure item had not been sent?? Throughout the course of a month of messages, the seller admitted she hadn't sent them. Originally she had told me they were sent. 3 weeks later, I hadn't recieved items. Concerned I asked the tracking number (as original ad had promised postage with tracking and signature), seller msgd that she hadn't sent with tracking, I responded that her original ad promised tracking. She told me she'd email AustPost. 2 days later, hadn't heard from her, I msgd asking if she's actually sent the items. To which she replied 'No, I haven't - would it be easier to get a refund.' I responded saying I was disappointed, however if she no longer had items to send them, please issue a refund.' Another 3 days later, no refund - and I started the process of PayPal dispute. When the money did get refunded I left an original feedback comment ' Had issues, never received items, refunded through PayPal dispute.' Seller sent me abusive msgs afterwards, than sent a feedback review - I admit I did loose my cool, and wrote the liar comment. That comment was than seen as 'abusive' and removed. That is the full story. All of that is why I would like to report the seller. I've been on eBay buying and selling now for only just over two years, I've never had 'bad' transactions before this. So this is my first. I've actually never left negative feedback before. In a way, I'm glad now that I've read more info about the rules and policies of eBay - as clearly for some stupid reason I hadn't before. Anyhow thanks for the help ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply