Foreign sellers using 30 day wait to circumvent dispute resolution

syncman0x
Community Member

I had purchased a bar code scanner from a seller in another country. It had a fauly USB interface. The seller suggested sending this back for a replacement.

After sending it via registered post, and contacting the seller within 3 weeks, he said this had not arrived.

I had purchased a parcel of two identical items from a seller in another country. One worked, while the other did not start up.

The seller advised I send the faulty item back. Having learned from the previous example, I agreed to send this back on the condition he sends me a replacement.

The item he sent me was in even worse condition, failing to power up at all.

I have the problem that these sellers are using the standard 30-45 day waiting period to circumvent the dispute resolution process. Next time, I could initiate this right away, when the product arrives, but how do I explain to them that I am doing everything I can to resolve the problem with the seller?

Note to trolls; do not state the obvious. I have computers for a reason, so that I do not ever require your services of disrespectfully stating the obvious.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Foreign sellers using 30 day wait to circumvent dispute resolution

ssssssoooooooo you have problems with super I take it.... Please don't hold yourself back like that.... You will rupture something and bottling things up can give you an ulcer.

Tell us what you think and be precise!!!

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

This is a public board and all posts are public. The initiator of a thread does not own it and has no right to determine who says what here.

If you don't like somebody put them on ignore. And nova wasn't replying to you anyway.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Note to trolls; do not state the obvious. I have computers for a reason, so that I do not ever require your services of disrespectfully stating the obvious.

After reading the above comment,I'm surprised anyone dignified the OP with ANY response.JMO

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Your right Foxy however it amazes me how nasty some can get.

The thing with posting on these forums is there is no way to see, hear or understand the body language or the tones the messages were and are meant to be, and as such should be taken as a genuine attempt to help.

As I have said before, even bad advice is turned into good as there are a lot of posters who will point out the flaws in the bad advice turning it into good.

Everyone has the right to reply on a forum and if the op doesn't like the advice I suggest he pay a business planner or manager to tell them things they want to hear!

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

syncman, As stated, super_nova was not adressing you.

If you look at a post and see something in quotes with xxxxxxxx wrote, that means the poster is talking to them, not you.

And in this case super nova was pointing out the systems are in place and so often it is the member that is simply unaware on how to use the tools.

Perhaps an apology to super is in order?

image host
Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

syncman0x
Community Member

I see what has been stated; however, he was clearly addresing multiple people. He was also picking on a member who was answering my question. He claimed that buyers like me let sellers get away with crooked behaviour.

My legalese was intended to convey the absurdity of expecting members to punish sellers, for the reasons you have outlined. This is indeed a public forum.

super_nova, I am sorry I offered to flag your post as abusive; however, I am still ignoring you. I need to ignore you, because eBay forum policy prohibits me from saying anything that even potentially encourages a member to commit a policy violation.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

syncman0x
Community Member

To be sure there is no confusion, This is the first time I have seen super_nova. I have not seen him before. I have no dispute with him. I am the one with the problem, not him.

I'll wear the losses of my previous trades, as I have agreed to do from the beginning. I will remember to excercise the advice given about the dispute process.

My question has been answered. thank you, and sorry for making noise.

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

sheila-post
Community Member
You could use forwarding services in the seller's country that receive your orders, carry out basic tests, and then forward the item on to you if everything is good. Does cost a bit more but could save you some grief.
Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

To be sure there is no confusion, This is the first time I have seen super_nova. I have not seen him before. I have no dispute with him. I am the one with the problem, not him.

I'll wear the losses of my previous trades, as I have agreed to do from the beginning. I will remember to excercise the advice given about the dispute process.

My question has been answered. thank you, and sorry for making noise.

So you just assumed nova was a troll. Probably why the relevant post was removed.

I would never ignore posts if I was silly enough to ask a question here. There is one, dormant hopefully, poster who must see a maximum of 10% of replies to any threads they start. Given that if the answer doesn't fit their paradigm, the poster is a troll. Don't fall into that trap.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

syncman0x
Community Member

There is a forwarding company I have seen advertising their service. The reviews and feedback are all good, so I will give them a go. Thank you.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply