Found an ebay loophole to our disadvantage!

mz_coolitz
Community Member

I purchased an item back in January and I was told they sold out. I asked if they'll have more stock later on and if so, I'll wait until then. They said that they're busy because of the Chinese New Year holiday and that they'll resume their business operations after, once again I accepted this. Once the Chinese New Year holiday ended, I then contacted them to obtain a status on this purchased item. They replied back & said that it's now fully out of stock & asked if I wanted a refund. I argued that I've waited since January so I'll wait until they have it in stock again but I also asked if they had an estimated date of when it'll be available. They said they weren't sure and offered to refund. I finally accepted and asked to be refunded.

BUT now that I've asked to be refunded, they then told me the "good news" that this is now available & can finally send it in 3 days. I was ecstatic and thanked them. This was back in March 09. My last communication with them was from the 16th of March where they confirmed that they got my message. I have not heard back from them, I have contacted them on several occasions asking if it's coming or whether they've posted. It's now May and still no item. I want my refund and they're not responding.

I've contacted ebay, they've contacted the seller but this seller ignored them too. Ebay then gave me the contact number for this seller. I called them up & spoke English to them but the lady on the phone just started yelling at me in Chinese (Mandarin). I tried 3 times and got the same result. I've told ebay and they said I should also contact Paypal to obtain a refund.

This is how I found out about the "CRACK" in EBAY. I think this "top rated seller" purposely delayed the delivery of the item so it elapsed the 45 day transaction period. Paypal cannot assist me in refunding my money if the transaction is 45 days old. Ebay cannot force the seller to refund me either, apparently it's up to the seller's discretion.

Are we allowed to name & shame the seller?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Found an ebay loophole to our disadvantage!

yarmak
Community Member

only  cause the seller stringed the buyer along with promises of a new item that never eventuated.The buyer wanted the item it was never forthcoming so the seller should do the right thing and refund.If they offered to refund in the 45 day period why can't they now? cause they know the buyer has no comeback because of the policy that is why

A the end of the day the seller would have known the item would not eventuate and should have refunded without being asked.The seller did not do the right thing  

Dave

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Stringing you along until the 45 days expires is (as I've discovered) and old trick....and my experience was with Chinese sellers too (once for an item that didn't turn up and once for replacing something that broke down).

Even if you had agreed to take the refund initially and not changed your mind, if it was near the 45 days you may not have got it anyway....no matter what has been said elsewhere on this topic.  I got e-mails about 'needing to confirm my PayPal address' and all kinds of guff to delay payment.  Thankfully my experiences were with very low cost items so missing out on making a claim was no big deal but it irks me that nothing is being done to fix this issue so some sellers are still getting away with it.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

mz_coolitz
Community Member

I bought two other things from them a month before that and they've had excellent communication with me and seemed really genuine. One of the items I bought from them had a minor run in the stitching and I was given a refund of $5 and I get to keep the item. I was happy to keep it since it was a minor fault anyway.

I only had the bad experience with the 3rd item I bought.

I've sent them another email but for another one of their items and didn't get a response. Could they be blocking me? LOL

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

As it's already been explained after the 45 day limit it's over and you've lost your money unless the seller gives you a refund unless you can arrange a chargeback. After all of this time it looks very much like they've ripped you off.

TCT
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

This same thing happened to me, im new to eBay and accidentally closed the return option and now it say’s ‘delivered’ bcos the item arrived at their couriers address in NSW. This is a total scam! 
when I tried to type my suburb it wasn’t available! So I typed Melbourne 3000. There is no street address 2/6 vine st melb. So they can claim it was delivered to a wrong address which is the buyers fault, and I lose my $50 refund. They are desperate bastar and give the honest sellers a BAD NAME! This company was a dental company with a picture of a rabbit- powerlampsell201 

buyer beware! 

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

If an item costs $30 and the seller offers $20 refund, should you accept? I am waiting for an item that’s being sent a wrong address due to the lack of suburb choice in the drop down box. I don’t know why I was asked to confirm my address when EBay already has it!!! I have lost several items due to this suburb issue. Is this a glitch? Or something I’ve done wrong as an EBay noob? 

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

You are'nt new, you joined in 2020 and are posting off topic utter nonsense on a thread 9 years old with information that is no longer the case today

You have all the tools in the world to cover yourself

You can't 'accidently' close something

The seller's page says they are away until May 16th AND they are in The UK

About time you read at least the basics of buying

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@kywal-5006 wrote:

Or something I’ve done wrong as an EBay noob? 

If you drag up a 10 year old thread, don't expect to get an answer when the moderators lock it.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply