Fraudulent Transactions

andrewjoyce1966
Community Member

I have been unfortunate to have been conned by a seller in China, the seller provided fake goods to me which failed to work, they asked me to return the goods and have since refused to provide a replacment unless I pay further money.

Really disappointed with Ebays response, apparently they condone this behaviour, has anyone else suffered in this way

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Fraudulent Transactions

If it is the purchase in May then you have left it too long. You should have opened a dispute via Paypal (I assume you paid with paypal) as INAD as soon as you discovered the item did not work. You would then have been asked to return the item in a trackable way by paypal, then the seller could not try to get extra money as paypal would have refunded the purchase price to you. You have also left it too long to even leave negative feedbak (60 days I think) If you funded the transaction wit a credit card, you may be able to get a chargeback through your bank.

Three Rules to Buying on eBay -

1. Always pay with Paypal

2. Contact seller if there is a problem and if they can not resolve

go directly to 'resolve a problem' (open a claim) via Paypal

3. Read everything you can on these boards related to buying

and all the eBay info provided.

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Fraudulent Transactions

No, eBay does not condone this sort of behaviour, but what exactly do you expect them to do?  The transaction is between you and the seller, eBay is just an advertising medium, but they do provide tools to deal with problems, which you obviously did not use.  You should have opened PP dispute, send the item back and get your refund.  Bit too late now, as there is 45 days time limit.

All you could do is to bluff and tell the seller that unless you receive immediate refund you are reporting them to international on-line fraud police squad, and hope he believes you.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Fraudulent Transactions

I agree Nova, give anything a go - but with neg and neut feed back of over 400, doubt this seller will give a toss.:-(

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Fraudulent Transactions

I agree Nova, OP - give anything a go - but with neg and neut feed back of over 400, doubt this seller will give a toss.:-(

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Fraudulent Transactions

refused to provide a replacment

If the item was a fake then chances are all they would send would be another fake so why would you want another one?

The only acceptable option is to get a ull refund.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Fraudulent Transactions

And a full refund would be helpful, too!

If you funded your Paypal payment with a credit card then maybe contact your bank and ask for advice about initiating a charge-back.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Fraudulent Transactions

andrewjoyce1966,

You've posted on the Australian Boards where the AU Paypal Buyer Protection is diiferent to the UK eBay Buyer Protection.

IF you're still in the UK this link outlines the eBay Buyer Protection policy:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/buyer-protection.html#eligibility

"Really disappointed with Ebays response"

If you've been involved in an eBay Buyer Protection claim and have had trouble with it, for further help from experienced UK members, I'd advise you to post your question on the UK boards.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply