Fraudulent products coming from China

It is about time that product reveiws are made available on every product, especially the the fraudulant product comming from Chine in the technology catagories.

The 1 and 2 TB USB stick are one such product that needs to be adreessed. These are basically Fraud and Ebay allows them to be sold around the world.

Some times it takes a while to find this out, so immediate seller feedback does not capture the fraud later found. The USB products comming from this seller are such a product <Removed>

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

did you buy one? There is a 'report' button on every listing.....get your money back via Paypal (you have 180 days)
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

What's the point? Most people don't bother reading feedback until long after they discover there's a problem.

You can now easily search a seller's feedback for a particular item to see what people have said about it.

Maybe I'm behind the times but I really can't see you being able to fit 1 or 2 TB of data on a USB stick so I'd be wary of them being genuine for a start.

Frankly, I think people need to stop thinking they can expect the same quality when they only pay a fraction of the price others are asking, whether they're buying from China or from a shop in Australia. I've got two good USB sticks that have lasted for years, but when I bought one of those cheap red ones in Officeworks it only worked for a short while. A friend also bought one of the red ones a few years later and sent it to me so I could send him back a heap of stuff and he was lucky he backed it up on his computer straight away because it never worked again after that.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

In my early days on ebay I bought a number of USB sticks and was well and truly taken for a ride.....they were nowhere near the capacity claimed.

I was disappointed but just used them within their limitations and they have paid for themselves many times over and are still going strong.

A couple of years ago I bought 2 USB sticks from Harvey Norman and found the same thing.....I returned them and got my money back and they were withdrawn from sale.

It is not only ebay buyers who are getting the rough end of the pineapple.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I bought my red usb (they're pretty tiny) 9 or 10 years ago but they still had them last time I was there and I think my friend bought one especially to send to me, and that was only 2 or 3 years ago. Unfortunately I bought mine in Ballarat and it's an hour away so not worth a special trip to get my money back. I usually keep my receipts but I think I misplaced it on that occasion. I think they could be SansDisk but I could easily be wrong. They probably have the stated capacity but after a couple of uses neither of us could access anything on them.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

In the end I see this is how they continue with these sort of fraudulent listings, is that it is not worth the efforts required to follow up on. The amount paid would not be wroth my time spent on following it up. Sad but true.

Regards Tony

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

....and that is what they are hoping for, so they can go on their merry way
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Yes should have done the research prior and at the same time I did question, weill if it advertised as such, how can it not be as advertised?

I was brought up in such an economy, but I guess honesty has not been established in a lot of the growing economic markets, whos only God now is the want for more money, even if it killes the environemt and a better future for all men.

Regards Tony

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

True, you get what you pay for 🙂
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Yes - So might give it a go 🙂
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply