GSP - stands for Galling Stupid People

http://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/restricted-and-endangered-wood-species/

GSP will not ship a drum I purchased from the US as they claim it is made from mahogany, an endangered timber on the CITES list. However it is made from African mahogany which is an entirely different species of timber and clearly not on the CITES list. They maintain they will not ship even though they are wrong. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any ideas? I don't want a refund. I want the item I purchased.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pitney Bowes strike again.  Unfortunately you're not the first and won't be the last.

Check out the eBay store international_liquidatorz where they sell all the stuff they will not ship (as per their LUDICROUS terms and conditions) based on their whim on any given day and you'll find masses of stuff that they've decided they couldn't possibly ship anywhere.

I don't doubt that your drum will appear here before too long.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

cq_tech
Community Member
This is insane! Bureaucracy gone mad, FGS! I hate to say this, but if Pitney Bowes refuse to send the item, I doubt there's anything you're going to be able to do to make them change their minds.

All I can suggest is that you claim a refund on this particular item and see if you can purchase the same item from another US seller who is prepared to use USPS instead of the bloody useless GSP (the postage will cost considerably less as well).
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Is it worthwhile contacting the Australian Customs Office and lodging a complaint about PB in the name of mutual trade? Is there a US equivalent of an Ombudsman to whom you can complain regarding this pitiful, highly dubious, and possibly illegal behaviour?

There are so many threads complaing about Pitney Bowes with new and different stories of their >insert offensive adjective here< "work" it makes me want to tear my hair out every time I see the subject... and of course I am unable to not click and look Robot Frustrated

You aren't going to get that drum, sadly.  I hope you are able to find a suitable replacement.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes strike again.  Unfortunately you're not the first and won't be the last.

Check out the eBay store international_liquidatorz where they sell all the stuff they will not ship (as per their LUDICROUS terms and conditions) based on their whim on any given day and you'll find masses of stuff that they've decided they couldn't possibly ship anywhere.

I don't doubt that your drum will appear here before too long.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Ask the seller if they can use an alternative shipper.....if not request a refund on the grounds that GPS can not deliver.

If the seller does not comply - open INR as soon as you can.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

If the item is deemed undeliverable the full refund is automatic, no need to open any case.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks so much for the info! eBay refunded my initial purchase due to their stupidity and the drum showed up as you predicted. I have re-purchased the drum and shipped to a third party mailing service. Not sure what will happen next but I'm  very thankful you shared this info.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

That's a bit of good news! Just as a matter of interest,when the drum was listed by international_liquidatorz was it for the same price that you initially paid? Just curious to know if they're trying to profiteer or are simply recovering their original loss.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

The drum was listed for approx $20 less than I initially paid but once I paid to ship to third party freight agency it worked out to be about the same amount.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Nevertheless, it worked out quite well in the end. It's just a shame that Pitney Bowes didn't have the common sense to ship the thing in the first place, but as you essentially bought it for much the same price overall, the only thing you've really lost is a bit of time (and a lot of angst). Pitney Bowes, on the other hand, have lost even more of their reputation (if such a thing is possible).
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply