GST on all imports July 2018

Yes kicks in  this July  already talking an extra added  $5 security fee !

Message 1 of 346
Latest reply
345 REPLIES 345

Out of curiosity c_mount, could you tell me of any other country that has a $1,000 threshold or greater for GST/VAT ???  

All that I know of are far less than that.  You may need to remove your tin-foil hat for that research project.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 41 of 346
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

How exciting - GST + GSP! Smiley Sad

It won't be worthwhile buying with all of the bull-fees to pay mariq7 . I feel your frustration.

Message 42 of 346
Latest reply

Does anyone know if theres been any further moves to geo-block Australian purchasers, as per srticle by CHOICE last year? (https://www.choice.com.au/money/budget/federal-budget/articles/we-will-block-aussie-shoppers-ebay-19...).

Because I'm really in a pickle if they do.

Message 43 of 346
Latest reply

Haven't heard anything from eBay. Don't expect to. They are unlikely to cut off their nose to spite their bottom line.

According to tonight's news the GST on imports will be going ahead.

Which, from my point of view, is good. I will automatically be 10% more competitive against foreign sellers.

Message 44 of 346
Latest reply

Aye the cowards always bring up the tin foil nonsense....
Message 45 of 346
Latest reply

I guess you couldn't find an answer to my question then.

"Out of curiosity c_mount, could you tell me of any other country that has a $1,000 threshold or greater for GST/VAT ???  "

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 46 of 346
Latest reply

It looks like eBay will collect the GST and not geo-block purchases

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SU18-2/Marketplace-Updates

Message 47 of 346
Latest reply

they can not charge them or any over seas seller or have to register unless they have a site  shop in aust

Message 48 of 346
Latest reply

@c_mount wrote:
Aye the cowards always bring up the tin foil nonsense....

Totally agree there c_mount. Believe me when I tell you this that there are people in this world that sneer with absolute hatred at people who speak out on certain issues. I was a union delegate once, and I still recall a guy saying to me he would never join as he could get a job as a techician anywhere in the world. He used to start work 10 mins before all the other workers and have 20 mins lunch break instead of the alotted 30 mins. Guess he wanted a pat on the head. When some people he knew lost their jobs he became worried. He came to me one day saying he wanted to join the union as he wanted to get some basic free legal advice which was one of the benefits union members had. I quitely smiled and signed him up anyway.

Hmmm, GST, I remember years ago this garden gnome type of creature saying  .. ..   "We will never have GST".  Well, that statement went overboard like it did with the truth years later in October 2001. Smiley Frustrated

Message 49 of 346
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

I was a union delegate once,

We were told to go on strike by our union delegate and we were out for 2 weeks over a pay dispute/rise of 9 %,

(he ended up saying time to go back to work as he and the union rep helped negotiate a 3% rise and we so had

to go back to work).

Which amounted to a $6 a week pay rise,(which would take 2 years to earn back and a complete waste of time

as our pay was due/did go up at the end of the year anyway but only by $2 per week instead of the $7 that they

originally planned on so the strike got us a $1 increase instead of the 9 %,($18) that we were after).

When the place ended up shutting down the union claimed they "helped" us get a an extra 2 weeks pay,(which

once again was carp as we had already been told what entitlements we were getting before they became

involved).

To me that's similar to how eBay works as they "claim" to help but do the opposite and as long as it helps

them,(that delegate wasn't in that job for very long after that),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 50 of 346
Latest reply