GST on all imports July 2018

Yes kicks in  this July  already talking an extra added  $5 security fee !

Message 1 of 346
Latest reply
345 REPLIES 345

Unlike you I don't live on here thanks.
Message 61 of 346
Latest reply

I will buy say a Blu ray box set in the USA when its $40 cheaper than here for the same item even with shipping....
Message 62 of 346
Latest reply

@c_mount wrote:
Unlike you I don't live on here thanks.

Ah, but unlike you I don't winge and/or moan on nearly every post I make here.

And I guess you still couldn't find the answer to my question either ?

"Out of curiosity c_mount, could you tell me of any other country that has a $1,000 threshold or greater for GST/VAT ???  "

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 63 of 346
Latest reply

No good when you 30% to 50% dearer but at least the government will make some money off it...
Message 64 of 346
Latest reply

If it was'nt for the union you wouldnt of got no rises stop whinginging...

@go-tazz wrote:

@4channel wrote:

I was a union delegate once,

We were told to go on strike by our union delegate and we were out for 2 weeks over a pay dispute/rise of 9 %,

(he ended up saying time to go back to work as he and the union rep helped negotiate a 3% rise and we so had

to go back to work).

Which amounted to a $6 a week pay rise,(which would take 2 years to earn back and a complete waste of time

as our pay was due/did go up at the end of the year anyway but only by $2 per week instead of the $7 that they

originally planned on so the strike got us a $1 increase instead of the 9 %,($18) that we were after).

When the place ended up shutting down the union claimed they "helped" us get a an extra 2 weeks pay,(which

once again was carp as we had already been told what entitlements we were getting before they became

involved).

To me that's similar to how eBay works as they "claim" to help but do the opposite and as long as it helps

them,(that delegate wasn't in that job for very long after that),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 65 of 346
Latest reply

Unions ruin so many workers and businesses that they have no right to take responsibility for wage rises or benefits. The negatives outweigh any positives of their influence nowdays. The time when they were batting for workers has long past.

Latest reply

wrote:

If it was'nt for the union you wouldnt of got no rises stop whinginging...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

And the unions have been complicit in destroying many large businesses in Australia, think the car industry, clothing industry etc, who have taken their businesses off-shore.

The end result ?    No jobs and certainly no pay rises.

I worked for a large Australian company for well over 20 years, and the union was full of promises for wage increases and better conditions. Yes, we got the wage increases but the hours lost in strikes and union meetings negated all of that, so we ended up worse off than we were in the first place.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 67 of 346
Latest reply

Maranock, In the past I would have agreed with you 100%, but after taking part in 2 Employment Contract Nagotiations I now disagree. I am not a union member but I was glad a union rep was also taking part in the nagotiations. He was very quick to stop the company from putting in differant clauses as in "as company policy" Company policy can be changed without employees approval.

Anyway, back on topic: What will be the next step? GST on all ebay sales import and domestic?

I can see some ebay sellers regestering as a buisness and GST even under the $75k sales as they can claim back any GST paid.

I have a Pty. Ltd. under $75k and GST reg. I claim back all GST paid and do BAS quarterly, It is a pain but my clients need GST charged so they can claim back.

Message 68 of 346
Latest reply

Why would you register for GST when you are turning over less than $75000?

Why give the government 10% of your income when you don't have to?  Do you claim back enough to make it worth while?

Message 69 of 346
Latest reply

My clients want it. They claim back the GST they have paid. Maybe: no GST, no deal or you had better drop your price to make up for the 10% loss....

I give the goverment 10% when I pay GST buying in the company, I deduct that from the GST charged by the company to the clients, I pay the differance in the BAS.

I see where you are coming from but I look at it: When I pay GST (buy things) that is my income going, I want that back. When I charge GST that is not mine, that is the groverments I am just collecting for them.

Worth while? For me yes, I deal in mining equipment rentals. I am just starting out.

GST is a fact of life: What systems are in place that I can use to make it less of am impact on my income? Just the above I have found so far.

Message 70 of 346
Latest reply