Gift card scam

alf7536
Community Member

I received a call on my mobile this after from a person sounding like an Indian who said that my account will be debited $200 for a gift card that I had ordered. I did not at any time order an eBay gift card. THe phone number indicates that the cal was made from Adelaide but that may also be false. Just be aware, people.

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Gift card scam

@anj1974 wrote:
Scam, claim to be from eBay that I purchased a gift card. If I didn't order it they insisted that it needed to be cancelled and would try and take your details.

I swore so much because it was false as I do not have an eBay account to start with and don't use eBay at all.

They kept calling back and said I would still be charged $200. I continued swearing and then hung up. They have an Aussie accent too!
I called called back to an automated service with an American Accent and left on hold music.

Unbelievable!!! It is a scam!!! Do not give any of your details even though they just have your name.

Ummmm, it appears that you do have an eBay account, because you are posting with one, that has feedback.

Why did you call them back?

Message 11 of 59
Latest reply

Gift card scam

No, They called my mum, this is my eBay account, she started writing and then couldn't post it, so I logged in for her so it could be posted.

She called them back because she was that ticked off she wanted to give them a earful again!

Message 12 of 59
Latest reply

Gift card scam

Expect plenty more of like calls.  You have now confirmed for them that it is a live number.  Tell your mum to hang up straight away in the future.  I would be changing all passwords.

Message 13 of 59
Latest reply

Gift card scam

@soledaconquill0 wrote:

She called them back because she was that ticked off she wanted to give them a earful again!

That would have to be the silliest thing your mother could ever do....she is now on the contact list of every scammer that trolls the internet.

Message 14 of 59
Latest reply

Gift card scam

I got the same call but it was an automated voice. Just hang up
Message 15 of 59
Latest reply

Gift card scam

Just got the same thing.Sounds like a scam

Message 16 of 59
Latest reply

Gift card scam

Should you be out drowning puppies ya sad sack??

Message 17 of 59
Latest reply

Gift card scam

@ mick5683.

"Should you be out drowning puppies ya sad sack??"

That comment is completely out of order.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 59
Latest reply

Gift card scam

@padi*0409 wrote:

@ mick5683.

"Should you be out drowning puppies ya sad sack??"

That comment is completely out of order.

The shallow end of the gene pool on the boards is getting very crowded latelySmiley Sad

Message 19 of 59
Latest reply

Gift card scam

03 61242552 just tried it on me.  wants to gain remote access into my phone. indian. even after i called him a c--t a few times he still continued to try. i got bored and hung up

Message 20 of 59
Latest reply