Global Shipping Item Stolen at ERLANGER

This is the second time I have purchased an item and it went through the Global Shipping Program and has gone missing again. This is so disappointing now i'm not sure if I should use EBay to purchase items. The purchases i make and get posted with normal US mail have no issues but Global Shipping is poor for this to happen twice there is some systemic issues with Ebay and Global shipping. 

Thanks for Failing Me Again Ebay. 

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What sort of item are you talking about?

Pitney Bowes makes an arbitrary decision about what they will and will not ship to Australia.  For example, they will not ship any knives to Australia, even table knives as they deem them all to be prohibited imports when they are not.

Usually they don't tell you until you start asking questions.

The items are not lost....just confiscated by Pitney Bowes.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Coins 🙂

(runs very fast)

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

Come back here.      

This has been on three threads.       The OP posts and runs .

How do you know it's coins?

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

I think the op is referring to Aussie 1d coins purchased from an affluent dealer in the States. Hardly the sort of thing PB would confiscate but then..... I'm only guessing.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Exactly the type of jobsworth decisions PB do make. There are import restrictions for money albeit I suspect for only large amounts however PB see a small butter knife as being the same as a machete so just the word coin

would likely be enough.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

I agree with PJ here.  

There are restrictions on the posting of coins within Australia and I would guess that PB has just run with that.

As PJ said if PB can class a butter knife in the same category as a machete then all coins are probably lumped in together.  There is absolutely no rhyme or reason for PB's decision on many of the items they refuse to ship.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

I can see the logic in what you. and PJ, are saying and if that's the case it's sure a heck of a way to lose your US order. The Op has said that this is the 2nd loss ????? . Do you know if PB communicates their confiscation to either the buyer or the seller? Surely they can't simply take anything they deem as in-approprate and keep it with-out avising anybody .... .  or can they?

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Past reports on the boards would indicate that PB do not say a word.  It items just disappear with nothing being said until the buyer starts asking where their item is.

PB does auction off their confiscated goods on ebay with the goods only available to the USA.  One Australian buyer found his "missing" item listed on the site.  It was this incident that made us aware of what is going on.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

Wasn't it an expensive guitar?

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply