Global Shipping Program KILLING trade. seller shipping restrictions for victorinox swiss army knives

6469buy
Community Member

Why is ebay trying to stop people from buying legal pocket kinves from the USA eg. Victorinox Swiss Army Knife

This Global shipping program is not helping people it is KILLING trade!

And stopping Australians from getting the best price.

Shame on you ebay!!! 

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Global Shipping Program KILLING trade. seller shipping restrictions for victorinox swiss army kn

The seller had no idea what GSP was.

You should have to opt in not have to opt out.

Sellers who do a lot of business will notice the drop in sales and opt out,

But people who don't sell things that often have know idea they are missing out on overseas customers.

Having to opt out is a joke and should be illegal for ebay to do this.

Is this not what you call Monopolising or profiteering.

Any way i think ebay sucks for doing this stuff to its customers just so Pitney Bowes can make more money!!!

Message 11 of 45
Latest reply

Re: Global Shipping Program KILLING trade. seller shipping restrictions for victorinox swiss army kn

Is ebay Australia the same company as ebay USA?

Maybe we should start a petition so you have to opt in to GSP ?

Message 12 of 45
Latest reply

Don't wish the GSP on Australians please.

If you start asking ebay to let sellers opt into the system rather than out it might just give them the idea to introduce it here.

Message 13 of 45
Latest reply

I would bet that they will foist it on Australian sellers, sooner rather than later. They are rolling it out in the UK.

Message 14 of 45
Latest reply

Quite probably Jenny, but there is no point is making them think that we actually want it any sooner than we have to.

Message 15 of 45
Latest reply

i think the global shipping program sucks, just to get that off my chest.

but i'm wondering has the OP thought to contact the australian customs to find out if its legal to import these swiss knives? i know nothing about knives but i do know the australian customs people can be quick to grab anything they think is a weapon. you could lose your money as items grabed by customs wont be covered by the money back garuntee i would asume.

Message 16 of 45
Latest reply

David, the boardies have encountered this a number of times.  Pitney Bowes will not ship any knives at all to Australia now, even table knives.

The Swiss army knives are perfectly legal in Australia and there is no reason for Customs to confiscate them.  When it was first discovered what was happening one of the members rang Customs about his particular issue (a Swiss Army Knife) and he was told that they were quite legal.

Message 17 of 45
Latest reply

has anyone told the twirps who open packages comming into australia about this? i can just see next weeks episode of 'customs' on telly. here we have a very dangerous knife, it looks like a table knife but in a criminals hands it could be ......

Message 18 of 45
Latest reply

OK, so you think you know better?

I suggest you go to the Customs site and read their very comprehensive list of bladed items that allowed, and those that are not allowed.

Swiss army style knives are allowed.

Even the list of items that are not allowed generally may be allowed with certain permits.

Message 19 of 45
Latest reply

Yes Swiss Army Knives or SAKs are legal, I have purchased lots over the last few years and some have been open by customs with no problems You know customs have opened your package because they put a notice in there.

The Problem is this GSP 3rd party company just making up there own rules.

Pitney Bowes SUX and they are not doing ebay or anyone else any good.

Ebay should know they are giving their business a bad name.

Message 20 of 45
Latest reply