Global Shipping Program delays

G'day all,

Bought a handful of items over the past week.  All of them have arrived at the eBay Global Shipping Program (PBI) centre in Erlanger KY for forwarding to me in Australia.  Problem is, three of these items are sitting in the service centre (with a fourth on the way) and one of the items has sat there seemingly untouched for the last 4 days (arrived on 18 October).  Is anyone else experiencing delays with outgoing items using the GSP?

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Global Shipping Program delays

@radiotechnology wrote:

Its actually worse than just a delay. Regular items are now declared 'restricted' and rejected from shipping. Purchasing cost is refunded via Paypal. It's making dealing with US ebay sellers impossible. There is no logical explanation for this unprecedented intervention to trade.

It's ok. Someone will be along soon to vomit sympathy all over you and tell you how disgusting the system is. 

Message 31 of 50
Latest reply

Stirrer.Smiley LOL

Message 32 of 50
Latest reply

@radiotechnology wrote:

Its actually worse than just a delay. Regular items are now declared 'restricted' and rejected from shipping. Purchasing cost is refunded via Paypal. It's making dealing with US ebay sellers impossible. There is no logical explanation for this unprecedented intervention to trade.

Hi, there is solution that works most all of the time. Many sellers are more than happy to change or rather re-list the item to normal post USPS etc. for the US and the equivalent for the UK. I have had great success, Also many sellers have no idea that GSP has attached itself to their auctions. One seller I dealt with had around half of his stuff with GSP and about half of the other via USPS. No spring chicken either, he had no idea what GSP was. Bit of a risk losing out on that desired item though as by the time seller gets back to you with a "Yes I can" or has decided to re-list, another keen-eyed punter can come in and snap up that desired item. A few keen collectors that I know are now doing their trawling late at night so they can catch the seller when they're awake.

Hey, I feel your frustration though! Best wishes with getting what you desire. Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 50
Latest reply

@radiotechnology wrote:

in reply to radiotechnology

6 hours ago

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

It's ok. Someone will be along soon to vomit sympathy all over you and tell you how disgusting the system is. 

Gish, I've never heard of someone giving sympathy as vomit. Must be a new street slang term (like "that dude is baddest sax player around" meaning the best). So not sure how vomit works in being a compliment but if it does then cool.

Not sure who you mean but like you I'm really "Big Kev" about it all.

Message 34 of 50
Latest reply

Right on cue.

Message 35 of 50
Latest reply

in reply to *tippy*toes*

4 minutes ago

@davewil1964 wrote:

Right on cue.

Oh what do you mean davewil1964?

Message 36 of 50
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

in reply to *tippy*toes*

4 minutes ago

@davewil1964 wrote:

Right on cue.

While davewil is formulating a response, I hope you won't mind me speculating on the possible meaning?

I believe tippy's 'someone' was referring to you, and the vomit; your often fawning replies to posts expressing criticism of the GSP.  Davewil's subsequent response then being precipitated by your two posts, which were roughly in line with that foreshadowed by tippy's prediction.

These are only speculations though, and I don't presume to speak for either party mentioned above. But as the old saying goes, 'if the vomit fits...'

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 37 of 50
Latest reply

Tippy, apologies if I'm misinterpreting with my above post—I hope I'm not counting corn before the chuck is upped.

Message 38 of 50
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

@4channel wrote:

in reply to *tippy*toes*

4 minutes ago

@davewil1964 wrote:

Right on cue.

While davewil is formulating a response, I hope you won't mind me speculating on the possible meaning?

I believe tippy's 'someone' was referring to you, and the vomit; your often fawning replies to posts expressing criticism of the GSP.  Davewil's subsequent response then being precipitated by your two posts, which were roughly in line with that foreshadowed by tippy's prediction.

These are only speculations though, and I don't presume to speak for either party mentioned above. But as the old saying goes, 'if the vomit fits...'

Spot on.

I believe it to be a Pavlovian response.

Message 39 of 50
Latest reply

When offered Pavlova my response is always, 'yes please! '

Message 40 of 50
Latest reply