Global Shipping Program delays

G'day all,

Bought a handful of items over the past week.  All of them have arrived at the eBay Global Shipping Program (PBI) centre in Erlanger KY for forwarding to me in Australia.  Problem is, three of these items are sitting in the service centre (with a fourth on the way) and one of the items has sat there seemingly untouched for the last 4 days (arrived on 18 October).  Is anyone else experiencing delays with outgoing items using the GSP?

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

It has tracking on it and it left the UK about 14 days ago from the official custom depot after been there for ages, yeah the seller was strong about it to be sent this way which i find frustrating as it is a bit of overkill and expensive, I'm just hoping it gets here as the items are unique and non replaceable, I'm getting worried as the seller hasn't returned my message as of 3 days ago.
Message 21 of 50
Latest reply

I would not be too worried about not hearing from a UK seller for a while....during August the UK goes into holiday mode and everything seems to take forever to happen.

If your item has stalled at the GSP hub then there is nothing the seller can do.  Once he has posted it and it has arrived at the shipping destination then it is out of the seller's hands entirely.  If it has already left the UK it is even further out of his hands.

Find the local phone number for the shipping service and ring them.  They should be able to tell you when it arrived in Australia.

Message 22 of 50
Latest reply

@terminalvelocd wrote:

No offense, but what was the point of posting that?  Completely off-topic as my question was aimed at people who have items on the way via the GSP this week.

Totally agree with you there terminalvelocd. Your  "question was aimed at people who have items on the way via the GSP this week." And it serves to educate people about this horrid scheme / scam that not only makes people pay through the nose for collectable items but leads to other issues as well.

Message 23 of 50
Latest reply

I never recieved the item and yes it is only for parcels but the seller just wouldn't hear me out, i got in contact with ebay and they said sorry you've left it too long and we can't offer a refund as we have no on screen data even though i had it all written down in front of me, so i contacted PayPal which were very helpful as they did have all the info and felt i had been treated unjust, they looked into it and found out that my item was lost in transit and they gave me a full refund, then the seller messaged me basically accusing me of de-frauding him and blocked me from future sales which i was happy with as i refuse to buy anything from sellers that use the stupid ripoff GSP.
Message 24 of 50
Latest reply

Your transaction was last year.....you only have 30 days after the last expected delivery date for an ebay claim so it is not surprising that you ran out of time.

Paypal gives you 180 days for a claim so you should have used that in the first place instead of wasting time with an ebay dispute.

Message 25 of 50
Latest reply

Spoiler
breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.
Message 26 of 50
Latest reply

Well yes true indeed and i now know this, but don't let the lateness of my reply confuse.
The issue at the time was kept in check weekly if not daily and i was told to relax and be patient.
All this led to time running out and basically been treated like i was lying or it had been delivered and i should check my meter box and doormat all because Ebay sent an email saying that it had been delivered which was not true.
I contacted Auspost who said yes we have the paperwork but no item.
They explained to me that they recieve paperwork first before the item enters the country i.e the item was still in the U.S.
Like i explained earlier the item never got here and was declared lost in transit.
So anywonder I'm not a fan of the GSP especially when one gets emails saying its delivered and then finding out it was lost.
But all in all I'm sure you have something to discredit my comment and protect a system that is unreliable and expensive.
Message 27 of 50
Latest reply

@garcullu-0wrote:
But all in all I'm sure you have something to discredit my comment and protect a system that is unreliable and expensive.

If this is aimed at me I suggest you read some of the very old threads on these boards (but please do not post on them).

I am anything but a fan of the GSP and avoid it like the plague, although this is getting harder all the time as more and more sellers are insisting on using it.

Yes, it is slow and expensive but I have to say I have not found it unreliable.   The biggest problem is that a lot of members do not understand the tracking and how to read it.   While it may look like "defending" the GSP, I have often found that by explaining the tracking the buyer suddenly finds that their item is exactly where the tracking says it is and not lost as they thought.

Message 28 of 50
Latest reply

Its actually worse than just a delay. Regular items are now declared 'restricted' and rejected from shipping. Purchasing cost is refunded via Paypal. It's making dealing with US ebay sellers impossible. There is no logical explanation for this unprecedented intervention to trade.

Message 29 of 50
Latest reply

@radiotechnology wrote:

Its actually worse than just a delay. Regular items are now declared 'restricted' and rejected from shipping. Purchasing cost is refunded via Paypal. It's making dealing with US ebay sellers impossible. There is no logical explanation for this unprecedented intervention to trade.

OP's post you replied to is from 2014, so I dare say the underlying cause is different now.

It's worth checking the dates on posts before replying.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 30 of 50
Latest reply