Global Shipping Program delays

G'day all,

Bought a handful of items over the past week.  All of them have arrived at the eBay Global Shipping Program (PBI) centre in Erlanger KY for forwarding to me in Australia.  Problem is, three of these items are sitting in the service centre (with a fourth on the way) and one of the items has sat there seemingly untouched for the last 4 days (arrived on 18 October).  Is anyone else experiencing delays with outgoing items using the GSP?

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It just depends on how much freight arrives at any one time.

I have had items arrive and be dispatched all on the same day but another item took a week before it left Erlanger KY.

At least you know where the items are and even emailing will not get them moving any earlier.

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

Just an update.  It has now been 7 days since the first item arrived at PBI's facilities in Erlanger KY.  I now have 5 items, soon to be 8, awaiting on-forwarding to me with the first item arriving at PBI on 18 October.  It is now 25 October and there has been absolutely NO updates.  The normal turnaound time at PBI speaking from experience should be 1-3 days.  This is ridiculous!

Once again, I would like to drop the question.  Is anyone else experiencing major delays this week with the GSP?

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

Nope, because I don't buy from sellers that use it.............unless it's for a larger, heavier items, in which case shipping via GSP is much cheaper than via USPS.

Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

No offense, but what was the point of posting that?  Completely off-topic as my question was aimed at people who have items on the way via the GSP this week.

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

Not really off topic because you asked if anyone is having delays and I said that I don't. GSP is notoriously slow in delivering. Another reason why I don't buy from sellers that use it. You can safely double the delivery time estimated on the listing.

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your logic.  You said that you don't use the GSP so how could anyone not consider your response be off-topic when I aimed my question at people who are currently waiting for items arriving via GSP?  Seriously, if you have no experience with the GSP then why bother responding?  As I stated originally, I have purchased tens of items via the GSP (must be getting close to the magic 100 items now) and my experince on 99% of occasions has been more than positive with swift turnaround times (2-3 weeks on average from seller to my doorstep) so you saying that it always takes twice as long as stated (especially when posting on a forum run by eBay) is bordering on defamatory.

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

Try reading the dozens of threads regarding the GSP!

You will change your mind.  While your experience has been, so far,

'pleasant'  others would argue the point!

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

I have made several purchases in the past using the GSP. One was a large, heavy item which was delivered to me in 4 days from when I paid. The smaller items took 4-6 weeks. That is NORMAL for them. THAT is what most of the complaints about them are (and the outrageous costs). Look at some of the other threads started on this topic, it can be a fortnight before the item has finished its holiday around the US before it even looks like coming to Aus.

Defamatory? I don't think I've laughed this much in a long time! If my response was defamatory, the mods (who do an excellent job) would have removed it in a heart beat. It's not against the rules to express your disapproval to the GSP or anything eBay related. 

Message 10 of 50
Latest reply