How Safe And Reliable Is GSP?

In need of  advice from savvy buyers.

I am looking at buying a pair of shoes from US: Naot Womens Montage Rainy Gray Leather & Stretch Slip On Shoe EU 42 US 11

The seller does not have a  very good FB average - though his stars seem OK -and quite  few negs are for non delivery. 

If I buy using Paypal and the shoes don't turn up what are the chances of my getting a refund, presuming  the seller can prove postage and trackng.

I really want these shoes, but have been unable to find them anywhere else in that colour and size.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

imastawka
Honored Contributor

GSP can sometimes take a very long time - weeks to deliver

One of those negs is that the shoes don't fit.

Seller doesn't do returns.  So that's a lot of

money lost if they don't fit.

I could never buy shoes online.

I need to walk in them and feel them

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

I've worn Naots before and the seller has given me the inside sole measurement, so I think I'm pretty safe. If his feedback was better I'd have snapped them up days ago.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Yeah, bit hard to judge, she-el

His sale ends in 2 days too

Someone else may come along to assist though

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

One of the recent 2 negs was left 10 days after purchase - me thinks that buyer may have been a bit trigger happy

as for GSP - my issue is with their repackaging, in saying that everything has arrived in one piece though - and everything handed over to the GSP has arrived.

I can't see any issues with shoes - they are ok to import and even if PBs pack them shonky, it is uinlikely they will get damaged

I don't think their feedback is too bad

their 3 negs in the last 6 months - one was someone who wanted to exchange sizes and was denied, the other, as I said, I think may have been left in haste - so those 2 negs are quite questionable

really only 2 negs (one questionable) and one neut for INR and all received refunds.

I reckon for that price for a pair of NAOTs if it was a pair I really wanted, I'd take a shot with them as long as I had PayPal protection

Keep in mind though, some of their comments talk about fading - so shop display in the sun?

their after sales service seems sloppy, and if you need to raise a SNAD for discolouration, return will be at your expense

but that is darn cheap for NAOTS and you could always colour them

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

A bit of fading wouldn't really bother me - I'm not after anything elegant just a pair of comfortable, wear-to-death outdoor shoesThe price is excellent and it  won't really bother me either if they take  a good while to arrive. My only real concern iswhere do I stand  if they don't get here but the seller can prove postage - $140.00 is a lot to lose.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

This might (or might not) help (buyer T&Cs for the GSP) : http://pages.ebay.com.au/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html

Found the bit covering lost items, so copy / pasting it here:

Lost, Damaged, or Undeliverable Items.

If a GSP Item that you purchase is not delivered to the delivery address specified by you, it is damaged, or it does not match your Seller's description, your purchase may be covered by a PayPal Buyer Protection program, as described below.

PayPal Buyer Protection.

Your purchases of GSP Items using PayPal are covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection policy applicable to your use of the PayPal services if your purchases otherwise meet the policy's eligibility requirements and conditions and do not fall within an exclusion or coverage limitation. The PayPal Buyer Protection policy applicable to your purchase can be found in the PayPal User Agreement and is governed by the applicable PayPal User Agreement's terms. If you are eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection and PayPal finds in your favor on a claim stemming from your purchase of a GSP Item under the Program, the applicable coverage amount will include the Program Fees that you paid for the GSP Item.

Risk of Loss. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, as between you and your Seller, the risk of loss or damage to a GSP Item shall remain with your Seller until the GSP Item is accepted at the U.S. Shipping Center. As between you and Pitney Bowes, risk of loss or damage to a GSP Item shall transfer to you from Pitney Bowes and/or its third party parcel processing service providers when the GSP Item leaves the U.S. Shipping Center. However, your purchase may be covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection policy.

Undeliverable Items — Valid Delivery Address Required. The delivery address that you specify must be within a country eligible under the Program and must be a valid and complete delivery address. The delivery address that you specify may not be a Post Office (P.O. Box), Army Post Office, or Fleet Post Office. eBay and Pitney Bowes shall have no liability and shall have, in their discretion and in any manner that they prefer, the right to dispose of or liquidate parcels (and their contents) that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable, for whatever reason. If eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude that a parcel is undeliverable and elect to dispose of or liquidate a parcel, title to the parcel (and its contents) shall transfer automatically from your Seller to eBay, Pitney Bowes and/or any third party designated by either eBay or Pitney Bowes (as eBay and Pitney Bowes may elect), at no cost to either eBay or Pitney Bowes (or to any third party designated by eBay or Pitney Bowes), and eBay and Pitney Bowes (and any third party designated by eBay or Pitney Bowes) shall retain all proceeds (if any) received from the disposal or liquidation of the parcel and/or its contents). eBay or Pitney Bowes may also elect to return to your Seller any parcels that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable. eBay shall not be responsible under the PayPal Buyer Protection policy if eBay concludes that a GSP Item is not deliverable to your designated delivery address for any reason, including because the delivery address that you provide is incorrect, incomplete, or inaccessible. In addition, certain third party shipping carriers utilized under the Program may require that the designated recipient of a GSP Item be present to receive delivery; where in-person delivery is required, you shall be solely responsible for ensuring that the designated recipient is available to receive delivery.

Transfer of Title. Title to a GSP Item remains with your Seller until such time as the GSP Item is successfully delivered to the designated recipient of the GSP Item, at which time title to the GSP Item shall transfer to the designated recipient. At no time do eBay (or its affiliates), Pitney Bowes (or its affiliates), or the third party logistics providers, shipping carriers, customs brokers, freight forwarders, or other subcontractors under contract with Pitney Bowes take title to GSP Items, except as otherwise provided herein.

International Returns. The returns policy specified by your Seller in his/her listing description of a GSP Item will apply to your purchase of the GSP Item. For GSP Items that you return to your Seller, you will not be eligible for, and you will not receive, a refund of any Program Fees that you paid to Pitney Bowes. You may have additional rights under local law.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

The GSP has pretty good tracking, so they should be abole to say where an item is at least

I had a scare the other day about a domestic package that hadn't arrived.

Tracking said it had been delivered - but it hadn't sh9own up at my house (that's when I learned AP scans under 500g packages at the sorting centr the day they are to be delivered, before they even leave there)

I asked PayPal what would happen, and they said I would need some statement signed by a JP to say I hadn't got them and they would make a discretionary payment.

If GSP hoilds them up, you would be covered as they will show you never received them and it was they who never forwarded them if the seller gets them to there

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

or what Digi said

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

I have had shoes sent from the U.S. Through the GSP. They arrived safely, but did take the scenic route. However, the packages I received were the shoes in the original boxes, covered in brown paper. They were not repacked by Pitney Bowes, so the seller did a good job, and it stayed that way. I do not know how PB would handle shoes if they repacked, as they are being paid to do.

digi has covered the events of possible financial risks.

I would get them if you are sure they will fit, and they are a good price.

try to check they will be boxed for protection...some sellers say with box, but then do not ship in it to save on postage

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply