I "weakened" and have a small item coming from the US via GSP

chezzy
Community Member

This will be my first Global Shipping Program experience - to date I have avoided purchasing from sellers who use this program.

I was charged around US$24 for "Priority shipping" (the same item if sent via USPS First Class Intl would be $12-$14). For some odd reason I thought Priority would mean 'fast' so was happy to pay the extra $10 or so.

Seems the seller shipped the item on the 28th August. Apparently package left Fedex/Erlanger facility 3rd Sept. So 7 days and still in the US. I guess this should be expected if multiple carriers are involved. BUT the fedex site is giving an estimated delivery 16th Sept.

*sigh*

I will be watching this with interest. I won't be doing this on a regular basis that's for sure.

One positive is that I have managed to help 'educate' a number of US sellers - some of who had never even shipped overseas - with

numerous items safely arriving by USPS First Class International.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

The Fedex estimated delivery time is generally spot on. So look out for your parcel on that day. Fedex does not ask for a signature, so mine have been just left. One was delvered by AP, they did need a signature. Hope it all goes well for you 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

So we are looking at 'round about' 3 weeks for delivery versus the normal 1-2 weeks via airmail?

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Unfortunately, yes. GSP mail tours America then can spend up to a week sitting in storage here before delivery.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

I bought some shoes from US that were sent via GSP and though they did an interesting little scenic tour of the US they still arrived on my doorstep in country WA 14 days from the date of posting. so you could be lucky.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

I bought some shoes from US that were sent via GSP and though they did an interesting little scenic tour of the US they still arrived on my doorstep in country WA 14 days from the date of posting. so you could be lucky.

lol yes everything I have purchased using the GSP has also toured the United States on my dime so to speak.

The last lot was 2 weeks before it even left the USA....its ridiculous.  

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

You will be lucky if you get anything through the GSP in 2 weeks.

One of my items took 4 weeks and the other was closer to 6 weeks.  I live just a few kilometres from the FedEx depot at Mascot and one item sat in their warehouse for 3 weeks before they deigned to deliver it.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

So what does the "priority" refer to and have any of your GSP items arrived labelled "Priority Mail"?

Are they normally repackaged or just re-labelled?

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

None of my GSP items were repackaged by Pitney Bowes (the company that handles it) even though they are specifically paid to do so.

One of my parcels was shipped across America in a thin plastic bag. It arrived with a full length rip, which Pitney Bowes knew about as they had placed a piece of tape labelled eBay across it. Well done, PB.

Only one of my items has been relabelled. Must have been a slow day and they needed something to do. They put a sticker saying International on it. Half covering the address label.

Priority? Anyone's guess. Maybe because it gets processed within the month and not the year.

I have received them all without any hassles though, it just takes a while.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

I have not acquired the warm fuzzies for GSP yet, but I figured I should try it out once so I have a first hand experience

and more knowledge of the process. As for my little package, it seems to be somewhere in Memphis at the moment

so nope still not on Terra Australis.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply