Global Shipping Program status says delivered in Erlanger, KY?

yoshpi
Community Member

Recently I bought an item from a seller in the US, paid for the item to be delivered to Australia via the Global Shipping Program. I was given a tracking number, which showed the progress of the delivery. However the progress changed from In Transit to Delivered in Erlanger, KY. I understand that with the GSP the seller posts the item to Pitney Bowes Inc. in Erlanger and they re-package it and send it to Australia. However, is it odd that the status says delivered? Will the tracking get updated with the new international tracking number and change back to in transit again? I've never used this service before and I'm a bit apprehensive. I've contacted the seller but they're as much clueless as me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 128
Latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

Re: Global Shipping Program status says delivered in Erlanger, KY?

1. i suspect you can't. You might like to work out where you live BEFORE you buy things.

2. This thread is almost older than the internet - if you have an issue, you should start a new thread, as your question is off-topic and there is little point bumping threads that could quite possibly, given the elapsed time, have been supeseded by the calendar.

Message 41 of 128
Latest reply

@jacintha666 wrote:
Does anyone know how to contact GSP to change an address for delivery?

Most members have enough trouble dealing with the GSP when things go horribly wrong from their end.

I don't like your chances of a successful outcome when the mistake is from your end.  They are not known for being easy to contact.

And you may have trouble getting any sort of refund if you have given a wrong address.

Message 42 of 128
Latest reply

You can't. They send on behalf of the seller, so use the address in PayPal that YOU supplied. If you have given a fake address for some reason and don't receive the item, you have lost your money. Always make sure you know where you live BEFORE payment. Once payment has been made, it's too late to change addresses then.

Message 43 of 128
Latest reply

the question must be how did the seller get the wrong address? have you moved and forgotten to update your paypal/ebay accounts? if thats the case you know where your items going must be a way of collecting it either at that address or the post office that deals with post in that area. did you not have to get the local post office to readdress your mail to your new address?

Message 44 of 128
Latest reply

I have just been contacted by global shipping and been told i will not be getting my parcel from england because of restrictions, it's a 60 year old motorcycle tank ,what is wrong with that? And been told it will be destroyed, what a waste of history why?
Message 45 of 128
Latest reply

@1543davispeter wrote:
I have just been contacted by global shipping and been told i will not be getting my parcel from england because of restrictions, it's a 60 year old motorcycle tank ,what is wrong with that? And been told it will be destroyed, what a waste of history why?

Who knows why the GSP shippers will not ship the item.   From experience of the US shippers (Pitney Bowes) they are a law unto themselves as to what they will and will not ship.

Just because some knives are prohibeted imports to Australia, in their wisdom PB will not ship and knives to Australia, no even a butter knife.

You are very lucky to have been told why your item is not going to be delivered....in the past the items have just not turned up and it is only when the buyers start to ask questions that they find out what is going on.

The question now is whether you are getting your money refunded without a fuss or whether you are going to have to fight for it.

Either way one of you is going to be out of pocket...the buyer or the seller.

As for destroying the item....PB in the USA sells the items they will not ship and keeps the money.  It will be interesting to see what happens in the UK.

Message 46 of 128
Latest reply

have you contacted the seller?

maybe the seller in new to GSP as i cant understand anyone with experience with the GSP using them more than once.

how many very angry buyers does it take to change a lightbulb comes to mind.

just how much did you get charged for this non delivery?

GSP prolly deemed it not suitable for shipping if they did a sniff test and found the smell of petrol in it.

seller should have washed it out with hot soapy water first. then let it dry in the sun for a week. cap off of course. then gone to their local post office and ask the best way to send it australia. my brother buys ducatti motor cycle parts from all over the world without any problems. he own several extremely rare ducatti vintage bikes.

Message 47 of 128
Latest reply

mitchlim
Community Member

Message 48 of 128
Latest reply

Very helpful.

Message 49 of 128
Latest reply

I hate the GSP with a passion.  It is over priced, and I do mean ridiculously over priced at 22g miniature toby jug (it's on 2.25 inches tall for goodness sake) usually costs British Mail 3.75 pounds by small packets and delivered in 5-7 days. GSP - 25 pounds and two weeks to arrive.  Avoid this dreadful addition to Ebay whenever you can.  And to any moderator bothering to read about your customer dissatisfaction...the GSP is the worst thing you've ever done and it will hurt your business, more importantly your sellers business.

Message 50 of 128
Latest reply